Revelation Mini

Bigfish

Revelation Mini
« on: 1 Oct 2008, 11:03 pm »
I am posting this on AC rather than sending Bob a PM as others may know or be interested in my question about the Mini Revelations.  Actually, I have three questions:

1.  Is the Mini Revelation based on the Timepiece 3.0 or other speaker?

2.  What are the benefits in sound quality over the standard edition of the speaker?

3.  As an owner of one of the last pairs of Timepiece 2.1's made can they be upgraded to Mini Revelations?

Thanks,

Ken

Carl V

Re: Revelation Mini
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2008, 11:57 pm »
Your 2.1 are a fine Monitors.  Larger.

The new minis are just that Mini monitors...i.e., smaller.
they too are fine monitors, albiet smaller & made with some
considerations for costs.

You can't convert one to the other.

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2008, 12:07 am »

Carl:

Thanks for the reponse but I think you may have misunderstood my questions.  If you visit the SP Tech Website you will see a speaker named Mini Revelation listed there.  I presume it is a mini version of the very large Revelations and am interested to learn more about it.  I cannot afford nor do I have the space to allow me to purchase the full size Revelations.  The SP Tech website price sheet lists the Revelation Mini at $9,995.00.

I love my Timepieces; however, if further improvements to them are possible I want to know about them for further consideration.  The Nervosa of this hobby makes it difficult to not want to consider upgrades.

Ken

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2008, 02:13 am »
Yes, the Revelation Mini is based on the TP3.0.  However, you will have to get a response from Bob as to whether old TP2.1/3.0 can be converted to the Revelation Mini.  I have been waiting for my TP3.0 for a while, now, and it will be built so that it is upgradeable to the Revelation Mini.  The cabinet volume of the Revelation Mini design will be fully optimized and feature all the bass qualities of the full Revelation.  As for what those qualities will be, I don't know, I haven't heard them.  :|

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 2 Oct 2008, 02:43 am »
Yep, to oversimplify....the Revs are Continuums on the transmission line "base" or bottom section, the Rev Mini's are intended to be Timepieces on their own smaller sized transmission line base.  And further the Rev Grand Masters are intended to be squattier and wider top halves (with 10" drivers instead) on squattier and wider transmission line bases.  All pretty much still on the drawing board, except as noted by Bob.

Oh, and the qualities of the Revs??   :D   Don't hear them....    :nono:    you'll need them.     :drool:

I'm going back to my drool room and listen some more.... they NEVER cease to amaze  :thumb:

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2008, 02:48 am »
The best place to hear the Revelations would be at RMAF in what 9 days...
:)
Mike

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2008, 02:53 am »
Just checking the SP Tech website for further details on the Revelation Mini and the site was "temporarily unavailable".

Does anyone know more? (how long it's been/will be down, etc.)  :scratch:

Bigfish

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2008, 02:59 am »
Just checking the SP Tech website for further details on the Revelation Mini and the site was "temporarily unavailable".

Does anyone know more? (how long it's been/will be down, etc.)  :scratch:

I tried going directly to the website and got the same message that it was down.  When I tried to go from the Audiogon SP Tech Speaker Listings I was able to gain access to the SP Tech Website.

Ken

ooheadsoo

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2008, 03:10 am »
AFAIK, the website has no information on the Revelation Mini at all, so no worries on missing anything vital.

I'm really itching to get the upgrade to the Revelation Minis!  :duh:
« Last Edit: 2 Oct 2008, 05:51 am by ooheadsoo »

Carl V

« Reply #9 on: 3 Oct 2008, 07:29 pm »

Carl:

Thanks for the reponse but I think you may have misunderstood my questions.

Mea Culpa

If you visit the SP Tech Website you will see a speaker named Mini Revelation listed there. 

Hmmmm, haven't been there for awhile....sorrry.

I presume it is a mini version of the very large Revelations and am interested to learn more about it.  I cannot afford nor do I have the space to allow me to purchase the full size Revelations.  The SP Tech website price sheet lists the Revelation Mini at $9,995.00.

I love my Timepieces; however, if further improvements to them are possible I want to know about them for further consideration.  The Nervosa of this hobby makes it difficult to not want to consider upgrades.

Ken

ooheadsoo

« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2008, 02:18 am »
I tried (albeit only once) to get Bob to get the Rev Minis done in time for the RMAF, but he didn't have time :(  I'm glad it appears he will be making it to RMAF in person.  Maybe some of you guys can ask him about it directly.

mcullinan

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2008, 03:44 am »
Hes probably getting ready for RMAF, but Im sure when he gets back he will answer.
Mike

ooheadsoo

« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2008, 04:28 am »
I meant ask him directly at RMAF  :thumb: