Orchestral Playback? from Timepiece Minis

phoenix_rising

Re: Orchestral Playback? from Timepiece Minis
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jan 2008, 09:58 pm »
I live in a rather remote location, so finding an IB set-up within a few hundred miles will likely prove difficult.  Nevertheless, I will certainly avail myself of the first opportunity that pops up.  Till then, I am wholly satisfied that Bob's T-line is unlike any other I've heard, and that it produces the best, most articulate bass with which I have first-hand experience.  As I've said before, hearing it for the first time was the first - and only - time in my music-loving life that my lower jaw literally went slack.

IMHO, a Timepiece Mini/Infra-Wave sub arrangement would be absolutely killer... especially for the $$$ involved, but even more importantly, irrespective of the $$$ involved.  Take the best bass I've ever heard with significant strength into the mid-teens, and now combine it with the openness, clarity and tonal accuracy of the 'standard' SP Tech design... good stuff, my friend!  :D  :thumb:

Hi DU,

Ditto on that.

What I would like to see is Bob do a deal with the Rythmik people so he can use their servo based drivers as they get rid of a great deal of the memory effect present in all conventional sub designs. The servo combined with Bob's TLine would take it to the next level again I think. It is essentially flat in response across it frequency range with bass performance similar to an IB.

Check out their web site for a look at what it does and why. The system works for both ported and non ported designs and they would certainly do a deal with Bob.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products.html

Phoenix

ooheadsoo

Re: Orchestral Playback? from Timepiece Minis
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2008, 03:05 am »
I live in a rather remote location, so finding an IB set-up within a few hundred miles will likely prove difficult.  Nevertheless, I will certainly avail myself of the first opportunity that pops up.  Till then, I am wholly satisfied that Bob's T-line is unlike any other I've heard, and that it produces the best, most articulate bass with which I have first-hand experience.  As I've said before, hearing it for the first time was the first - and only - time in my music-loving life that my lower jaw literally went slack.

IMHO, a Timepiece Mini/Infra-Wave sub arrangement would be absolutely killer... especially for the $$$ involved, but even more importantly, irrespective of the $$$ involved.  Take the best bass I've ever heard with significant strength into the mid-teens, and now combine it with the openness, clarity and tonal accuracy of the 'standard' SP Tech design... good stuff, my friend!  :D  :thumb:

Hi DU,

Ditto on that.

What I would like to see is Bob do a deal with the Rythmik people so he can use their servo based drivers as they get rid of a great deal of the memory effect present in all conventional sub designs. The servo combined with Bob's TLine would take it to the next level again I think. It is essentially flat in response across it frequency range with bass performance similar to an IB.

Check out their web site for a look at what it does and why. The system works for both ported and non ported designs and they would certainly do a deal with Bob.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products.html

Phoenix

I, too, think that would be an amazing deal, especially if it meant the amp would be on board instead of a separate component.  Here's a case where I think 1 box is better than 2.