"I have early version of Le Amp 2 hooked up to..."

jones rush

« Reply #20 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:05 am »
Jackman, OMG, I hope I'm not going to cause you lack of self confidence when you'll find out that everything you said about me was wrong.
You misjudged me so much. But I won't hold it against you, you probably have your reason.

Marbles

« Reply #21 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:08 am »
Quote from: rnhood
Who in hell is Namphung?  Sorry about being stupid but I have been reading this thread and still don't know who this broad is.  Since she has been referred to as a she then I presume it is a female.  And, I know I will get riddled for this but, I never met one that had a good ear.  They sure seem to have an affinity for money though.

When you contact nOrh, Namphung is the person you will most likely deal with when ordering and she will let you know when your order has or will ship.

She is their main customer service rep, but I'm not sure of her title.

I have no idea how well she hears.

She is very nice though, please show some respect......

jackman

« Reply #22 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:12 am »
Jones Rush (To judgement),
Well, I've been wrong before and will most likely be wrong again. But, I don't think I'm wrong this time.  Either way, I hope my confidence will be able to withstand the blow.  Looking forward to reading a substantive post or at least an entertaining one from you.

All the best,

Jackman

PS - I don't want to argue with you.  Someone once said: "Arguing with people on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you are still retarded".  I wish I had thought of that!

jones rush

« Reply #23 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:14 am »
Jackman (oh, that's fun!), I'm going to make it easier on you, we'll go and find out, step by step, that I am who I say I am, and not someone else or a troll. It will be kind of like in the "Matrix", when you'll learn the strory by pieces. I won't brake you with the hard truth immediately.

For starters, look here:
http://www.audioreview.com/Main,Speaker/nOrh,9.0/PRD_124272_1594crx.aspx

Check the two reviews by Michael Pazzi, from Florence, Italy, about two years ago (and couple of months maybe) from today, when I bought my 9.0's (I already said I have them for two years, a bit longer).

jackman

« Reply #24 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:16 am »
Jones,

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather watch you wrestle with your thoughts.  I have sworn off Audioreview for life.  Please read my earlier post about the Special Olympics.  That's all I'll say about this one...

Jman

jones rush

« Reply #25 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:26 am »
jackman, are we afraid of the truth ?, it was you who misjudged me, don't forget it, you wrote bad things about me, which aren't true at all. Now it should be your duty, to at least let me clear myself, completely. Don't I deserve at least that ?, is that the way you treat a new member in this forum ? by accusing him of wrong accusations, and then let him deal with his thoughts ?.

You won't go into AudioReview, no prob. Can you go into Harmonic Discord. If you can, please go here:
http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7902&highlight=norh

I used the moniker Jonsy then. If you wish, I can post something just for you using that moinker. I don't think that I'll need to though, you'll recognize me by the attitude  :lol:

Edit:
Look Marbles, you are there too :D
People at first thought I was a troll to there, but I had to come in with attidute, what do you expect ?, a nOrh fan comming into the VMPS lion cage... I just had to know what's the story on that 626R's.

jackman

« Reply #26 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:35 am »
Hey!  I was right, you are a TROLL!  Jonesy!  Welcome aboard Audiocircle.  I look forward to reading your thought provoking (as in "what the hell is this guy trying to say?") posts and overall observations.  I hope you make as big a contribution to this site as you did on Harmonicdiscord where you wasted everyone's time.  

Great work!  You should be proud.  You are a troll and not even a good one.  I am embarassed!  Embarassed for not recognizing your semi-literate style and putting two and two together.  Hopefully, you have learned a few things.  If nothing else, you will bring laughter to this site.  "Does anyone remember laughter?" - Robert Plant...upon meeting Jonesie.  Don't be a stranger.

Jman

jones rush

« Reply #27 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:45 am »
Jackman, here is another place I'm trolling :
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=754538&highlight=norh#post754538

Over 1000 posts of trolling ?, they must have been crazy not to ban me by now... Crazy world...

I look forward to reading your thought provoking (as in "what the hell is this guy trying to say?") posts and overall observations. I hope you make as big a contribution to this site as you did on Harmonicdiscord where you wasted everyone's time.

Jackman, you really don't know me. You might think I'm trolling, but at the end, you will see I'm quite helpful. As a small example, take a look, a big, long hard look at the *whole* thread that I've mentioned above at Harmonic Discord. At the end, how can you explain that people were so interested at what I had to say ?, some even said there, on the board, that they are going to PM me, beacause they are so interested to know what I have to say. Was I wasting their time too ?.
You, on ther other hand, wrote the last post of that thread, with a pretty harsh attitude, don't you think ?.

As I've said, it takes time to really know someone.

Doesn't matter, no hard feelings. No place for that on the net.

Jay S

« Reply #28 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:51 am »
Jones,

Welcome to AC.  Its always nice to meet another 9.0 owner.  Lots of people have switched.  

This Le Amp II thread reminds me of when I myself was waiting for the original Le Amps.  I had jumped on the chance to get them at the intro price, then waited 2-3 months longer than expected for them to ship.  What can I say, new products take time.   :?  

Anyway, I remember I was lazing in bed on a Saturday morning when the doorbell rang.  Somehow, I just knew it was UPS and jumped up yelling, "My amps!  My amps!  My amps are here!"  It was somewhat amusing to see a (supposedly) mature person jumping up and down like a 5 year old on Christmas day.  I had the boxes open in no time and immediately hooked the Le Amps up to my system.  Big grin!   :D

In the months leading up to that delivery date, I read every scrap of info I could find about Le Amps... I waited on Michael's every word, read and reread every single discussion speculating about the amps, and... simmered in my own anxious anticipation.  

As you can imagine, I really enjoyed the Le Amps.  I found that you could take it much further.  I had the cap removed (I brought the amps to Bangkok!).  I put in aftermarket power cords with capacitors built in to filter the power without limiting dynamics.  I found they match very very well with the DeZorel power filter and with Acoustic Reality Avinci speakers.  I found bliss in my system, all for a lot less than $1k.  

Later, I found an amp that I enjoyed more and so I switched.  The giant killer was got beaten.  I don't think Michael let me down.  In fact, the Le Amp is such a good performer that I can't really bear to sell it.  Its worth it to me to keep it in my closet (for some future 2nd system) than to sell it for a fraction of its list price.  

I do hope the LA II's start shipping very soon so that people can get their hands on it and post their comments.

fredgarvin

trolling for Namphung
« Reply #29 on: 4 Aug 2003, 02:58 am »
Well, I have to say this thread has been entertaining! All this over a comment made by Namphung. The spirit of SOM lives, I guess. Why try an amp yourself when Namphung can give you all the dope? Jackman I also love the special Olympics line... :lol:

fredgarvin

tubes
« Reply #30 on: 4 Aug 2003, 03:00 am »
Jackman, I gotta know...why were you jabbing the guy about his CD-1 tubes on the other forum?  8)

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #31 on: 4 Aug 2003, 03:46 am »
Quote from: jackman
Jones Rush (To judgement),
Well, I've been wrong before and will most likely be wrong again...

I've been wrong before
and I'll be there again
I don't have any answers my friend
Just this pile of old questions
My memory left me here
In the field of opportunity its plowin' time again

Neil Young 'Field of Opportunity' Comes A Time

P.S.

"Motorcycle Mama" is a song Neil wrote after watching a woman in Ft. Lauderdale fall off her bar stool

jackman

« Reply #32 on: 4 Aug 2003, 01:10 pm »
JQP,

Great post!  I'm a big Neil Young fan and must've had that stored away in the ol' memory bank.  Although I have to be in the right mood, Neil is a real artist who has always marched to his own drummer.  I wish I had taken better care of my old LP's but they are still worth a listen, scratches and all.

Cheers,

J

ABEX

« Reply #33 on: 4 Aug 2003, 05:44 pm »
The amp will not be a good match for every system and speaker ,but it should have a different signature than the original LeAmp I would think. Being it has a different designer,different topology and different parts makeup.

I am getting this amp on the faith that what MB had stated to me to be true. My concerns were answerd for what I was looking for in a particular amp. That it be high powerd Clean and not be veiled like so many inexpensive amps that I have heard over the last year provide.

They are certainly not contenders to be on the same stage as SOTA amps that I have heard. If the designer is a fan of Pass Ams and is worth his salt then I would imagine these faults have been addressed.

Another aspect is power. If an amp has a good PS and has the ability to double it's output power with each halving of Impedance along with it being Bias'd to run more towards ClassA it should be a great amp especially for the $$.

I do not own nOrh products,but I had read the reviews of the first LeAmp which I was less than impressed with becasue I read the word I dispise the most(from memory) in amps and that is veiling! In order to be considerd a world class amp ,which I think MB had stated it being,it must overcome this trait in my opinion.

At best it will and I will keep it.At worst it will not and I will sell it at a small loss.

Worth the risk or gamble? You yourself have to make that call!

JMO

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
« Reply #34 on: 4 Aug 2003, 06:15 pm »
We are shipping out some Le Amp 2s tomorrow.  The reason for the delay is our supplier needed more money but didn't want to ask.  This is not unusual here.    The amps become every more costly for us but we are very happy with the results.

We will be shipping out units this weeks so people will get notified before we ship.

Namphung thought the shoud was like Le Amp but that was not in an A/B comparison. That was her comment hearing Le Amp 2 the first time.  

I have not compared the two units together.  I think it is better to let customers comment about how Le Amp 2 compares to other amplifiers.

I do not believe that amplifiers should sound night and day different. I think the differences should be subtle.  I think that Le Amp and the MB 100 do most things right.  I do not think there are any major failings.

Our goal is to have something that is stronger, quicker, and  more refined.  I will let our customer determine if we have succeeded or not.

The amplifier is very powerful.  It is very robust.  As you can now see in the photos, the heat sinks make up most of the size of the amplifier.

jones rush

« Reply #35 on: 4 Aug 2003, 06:25 pm »
We are shipping out some Le Amp 2s tomorrow.

So, we're finally going to have some real reviews by the end of the week ?, exciting!.

jones rush

« Reply #36 on: 6 Aug 2003, 01:28 pm »
For future reference to all reading this, I have not found a nOrh speaker to have a serial number yet. The drivers sure, but the speakers, nope.

So if anyone gives you a serial # on a norh speaker (as apposed to a serial number off a driver) be VERY sceptical.

Really ?, that's interesting. I could have sworn I saw a serial number inside the speaker itself. Weird.

I'm going to collect the rust-proof screws that nOrh sent me today, so I can remove the drivers and check this up. The only problem is that I prefer not to remove the driver, but to eject one screw and insert one rust-proof screw right there instead of it.

The reason for this is that there is some kind of a "metal circle", which the screws are attached to from the inside part of the speaker. I remember when I first attached the mid-bas driver, it was very hard for me to align this "metal circle" properly to fit all the screw holes. It kept falling backwards all the time (since I had no way of pushing this "metal circle" from the inside of the speaker, since the tweeter was already attached). I hate to go through this process again...

hk29

« Reply #37 on: 6 Aug 2003, 04:17 pm »
I think he meant the nOrh Speaker itself has no serial numbers, but the drivers do have serial numbers.

I wonder how long it will take to break the LeAmps2 - 100 hours?

It might be a few weeks before we get a clear review.

jones rush

« Reply #38 on: 6 Aug 2003, 05:56 pm »
Quote from: hk29
I think he meant the nOrh Speaker itself has no serial numbers, but the drivers do have serial numbers.

I know he ment that.

I wonder how long it will take to break the LeAmps2 - 100 hours?

100 hours = 4 days. At least in my case. Hint, hint to Mbarnes...

Andrikos

They're coming!
« Reply #39 on: 6 Aug 2003, 07:40 pm »
Whoa! Can't wait to get mine and hook them up.
Will the LA II's drive 4 ohm speakers easily (something like a Maggie)?
Just wondering...

Andreas