Sta-9 connection to Rel subwoofer

Bill_Bill

Re: Sta-9 connection to Rel subwoofer
« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2020, 01:01 am »
Thanks Jac_Zar for the info., now I connected red wire to the positive (upper binding post circle in blue on the right side STA-9) and yellow wire connected to the positive (upper binding post circle in blue on the left side STA-9) and the black wire connected to the negative (the bottom binding post circle in blue on the left side STA-9), at the moment there is no hum sound.
Not sure if connect the REL to only one side of the STA-9, will there be any difference in sound, anyway will keep the mention connection for now, if there is any technical issue or caution about my connection now, please let me know, thanks a lot! 

JAC_ZAR

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2020, 12:10 pm »
You should discuss this with REL or NuPrime in order not to damage devices

With the IDA-8 I use a different connection method
I do not connect the black wire

https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000818247-How-To-Connect-My-REL

rustydoglim

« Reply #23 on: 22 Sep 2020, 08:41 pm »
Please, if you can't tell the difference between low level and high level in a blind test, do not, I repeat, do not use the high level method.
This is the recommendation from our engineer.

Bill_Bill

« Reply #24 on: 23 Sep 2020, 01:06 am »
There is difference with high level connection, which is different kind of bass as the other member mention and the bass is very match with the speaker's low frquency. Anyway I'm using the method that you suggest before (blue circle) now. Thanks!

rustydoglim

« Reply #25 on: 23 Sep 2020, 03:39 am »
Please provide a photo of your current connections. Did you connect the wire to BOTH of the speaker outputs circled in blue?

Bill_Bill

« Reply #26 on: 23 Sep 2020, 06:47 am »
Please see the attached photos of my current connections, thank you so much for your help and advise!

Sta-9 Mono Right channel

Sta-9 Mono Left channel

« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2020, 10:22 am by Bill_Bill »

Bill_Bill

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2020, 08:12 am »
Please provide a photo of your current connections. Did you connect the wire to BOTH of the speaker outputs circled in blue?

Hi, just wandering any comment? Thanks!

rustydoglim

« Reply #28 on: 30 Sep 2020, 10:48 pm »
You have to wait until next week for an answer. Support guy at factory got pulled to help with several rush shipments this week (it is a short week due to Taiwan holidays from Sep 30 to Oct 3).

Bill_Bill

« Reply #29 on: 13 Oct 2020, 05:15 am »
Hi, any update? thanks and much appreciate! :D