IDA-8 ($995) features and spec

John Casler

Re: IDA-8 ($995) features and spec
« Reply #240 on: 22 Jan 2016, 12:06 am »
Not the best remedy, but slightly adjusting the closer (louder) speaker so that it is firing ever so slightly "off axis" can offer a modicum of balance of the output to your ears.

huhpaul

« Reply #241 on: 22 Jan 2016, 01:41 am »
Hi.

What speakers do you guys and gals use with the IDA-8? I'm looking to upgrade from the Quad 12L2. I'm looking for a pair of standmounts with more clarity to a room 3m x 4m with half of the room open on one side leading to the dining room. Budget is $2000 preferably available to buy in Asia. Any suggestions? Good or bad experiences?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #242 on: 22 Jan 2016, 04:27 am »
Hello, Paul.

Which country are you in? I ask because I'm in Taiwan currently, and there's a decent selection of speakers available here under $2K. DIY/kits are available as well.

Michael

huhpaul

« Reply #243 on: 22 Jan 2016, 11:52 am »
Hi Michael. I am in Busan, South Korea. I have the option of demoing in Seoul on a weekend at some point.

Jpbas1

« Reply #244 on: 29 Jan 2016, 07:28 am »
Hi.

What speakers do you guys and gals use with the IDA-8? I'm looking to upgrade from the Quad 12L2. I'm looking for a pair of standmounts with more clarity to a room 3m x 4m with half of the room open on one side leading to the dining room. Budget is $2000 preferably available to buy in Asia. Any suggestions? Good or bad experiences?

As always, late to the party.  I was able to secure an IDA-8 a few weeks ago after a move 3000 miles keeping me away from my main system.  Now I can't wait to get to my main system to sell it all off :).

I have owned several integrated and monitor based systems.  Simplicity first.  I've owned many monitors and the Penaudio monitors have never failed to ever disappoint.  Just a consideration....

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #245 on: 29 Jan 2016, 08:04 am »
As always, late to the party.  I was able to secure an IDA-8 a few weeks ago after a move 3000 miles keeping me away from my main system.  Now I can't wait to get to my main system to sell it all off :).

I have owned several integrated and monitor based systems.  Simplicity first.  I've owned many monitors and the Penaudio monitors have never failed to ever disappoint.  Just a consideration....

May I ask what your main system is that you are in a hurry to sell off? Your statement is potentially a pretty big endorsement for the IDA-8.

Thanks,

Greg

Asedillo

« Reply #246 on: 29 Jan 2016, 11:38 am »
Hi,

Just checking if there will be any chance for Nuprime products to be locally available in Australia/Melbourne.
It would be nice to audition the device first before deciding to get one.

Regards,
Dan

Jpbas1

« Reply #247 on: 29 Jan 2016, 12:26 pm »
Hi Greg,

Due to a cross country move...  The last time I saw my stereo system was 3-months ago which consisted of a Hegel H160 integrated in one room and a Hegel H80 and Hegel HD12 DAC in another room.  Clearly, a proper A/B will be performed in the months to come...  but the IDA-8 is no slouch.  Further, I was literally able pack the IDA-8 back into its box- the size of standard laptop packaging and move again.  So much combined into the one box design is impressive.   I am in no position to gripe... But a headphone jack would have been great too :).

John

mresseguie

« Reply #248 on: 29 Jan 2016, 02:29 pm »
Hi Greg,

Due to a cross country move...  The last time I saw my stereo system was 3-months ago which consisted of a Hegel H160 integrated in one room and a Hegel H80 and Hegel HD12 DAC in another room.  Clearly, a proper A/B will be performed in the months to come...  but the IDA-8 is no slouch.  Further, I was literally able pack the IDA-8 back into its box- the size of standard laptop packaging and move again.  So much combined into the one box design is impressive.   I am in no position to gripe... But a headphone jack would have been great too :).

John

This easy portability was one of the main reasons I decided to try the IDA-8. It's got a nice sound and the DAC is no slouch. If I had to gripe about something, I'd wish it put out 150w/ch and had a second optical in. This is great for a starter system or a vacation system (such as mine).

rustydoglim

« Reply #249 on: 29 Jan 2016, 05:17 pm »
Hi,

Just checking if there will be any chance for Nuprime products to be locally available in Australia/Melbourne.
It would be nice to audition the device first before deciding to get one.

Regards,
Dan

We will try to contact a new distributor in Australia, for the meantime I think you can order from the dealer in New Zealand (look up his info on NuPrime website)

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #250 on: 29 Jan 2016, 08:10 pm »
Hi Greg,

John

I'm not familiar with the Hegel products but it sounds like you are impressed with the IDA-8.

Thanks,

Greg

mervinpearce

« Reply #251 on: 6 Feb 2016, 02:04 am »
Hi.

Used both the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors and the Vivid Audio V1.5 and NuPrime IDA-8 is fantastic. Between the 2 speakers I prefer the Vivid Audio.

pixelmixture

« Reply #252 on: 6 Feb 2016, 05:06 pm »
Used both the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors and the Vivid Audio V1.5 and NuPrime IDA-8 is fantastic. Between the 2 speakers I prefer the Vivid Audio.
with my sonus faber venere 2.0 it's just perfect .... these front ported gems are so easy to place ....

Asedillo

« Reply #253 on: 9 Feb 2016, 08:46 am »
We will try to contact a new distributor in Australia, for the meantime I think you can order from the dealer in New Zealand (look up his info on NuPrime website)

Thanks rustydoglim....Hopefully it will become available in Australia.  I tried to order at your NZ distributor but it appears their online shop does not have any shipping option to Australia and they do not have any direct conversion of AUD to NZD.

Regards,
Dan

Asedillo

« Reply #254 on: 9 Feb 2016, 08:47 am »

Thanks rustydoglim....Hopefully it will become available in Australia.  I tried to order at your NZ distributor but it appears their online shop does not have any shipping option to Australia and they do not have any direct conversion of AUD to NZD.

Regards,
Dan

John Ransley

• Industry Participant
« Reply #255 on: 11 Feb 2016, 01:03 am »
Hi Dan,

John here form Totally Wired in New Zealand - we'd love to help you out. You'd can just e mail me directly at john@totallywired.co.nz We have the IDA-8s in stock. Look forward to hearing back from you. John Ransley.

mtmpenn

« Reply #256 on: 18 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm »
A subwoofer question. Forgive me if this is a dumb question; I am a neophyte. 

I am looking for a small integrated amplifier to hook up to a pair of bookshelf speakers and a powered subwoofer.  The IDA-8 looks great, but I am uncertain how it will work with a 2.1 system. 

If I were to connect a subwoofer to the analog line-out of the IDA-8, the amplifier how much overlap would there be in the reproduced frequencies by the speakers and the subwoofer? 

What I think would happen:
1.  The speakers get a full range signal and will reproduce the frequencies that they can.

2.  The subwoofer amplifier will get a full range signal, but the cross-over in the subwoofer amp will apply a cut-off frequency (i.e. 100hz or 80hz, etc). 

Do I have the correct?

Is there a downside to this approach, versus an integrated amplifier that has the ability to limit the low frequencies sent to the bookshelves? 
It seems to me that if the bookshelves could be spared from trying to reproduce the low notes handled by the subwoofer there might be lower woofer excursion and so better controlled mid-range.  Am I off base?

Thank you,
Mike

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #257 on: 19 Feb 2016, 05:26 am »
How would this amp sound with some Omega Super 3XRS's? Looking for a new amp and this one has really caught  my attention.

mresseguie

« Reply #258 on: 19 Feb 2016, 06:13 am »
Hifi Jeff,

I own an IDA-8 and have heard the 3i speakers at CanadaRob's place though not powered by an IDA-8. My opinion is pairing Omega speakers with this amp ought to sound very good. Of course, YMMV.  :wink:

Michael

John Casler

« Reply #259 on: 19 Feb 2016, 07:43 am »
Hi Jeff,

I tend to agree with Michael.  You might find the Bass Response exceptional over other possible choices since the damping is quite high in this design, and this gives cleaner and deeper Bass than lower damping amps.

Also due to the high efficiency you will find the Dynamics and Headroom off the charts.

I have a lot of customers with many different speakers, but haven't had any with the Omegas yet.  on paper, they look good together.