RMAF 2011 Final thoughts.

Scottdazzle

Re: RMAF 2011 Final thoughts.
« Reply #180 on: 23 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm »
Yes, those. I hope they were intended to be prototypes only, not production models.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #181 on: 24 Oct 2011, 02:02 pm »
Yes, those. I hope they were intended to be prototypes only, not production models.

Hi Scott, yes those were the production models. I was going to call them "Bride of Frankenstein".
Ok, just kidding, they were "surgically enhanced", indeed prototypes only :wink:.
Forgive me for forgetting you were at Capfest, did you introduce yourself in the room? I didn't play the M1's until Sunday FYI. Now, at RMAF, those were all I brought. Can't seem to find my Linda Oneil shots, so I figured the next best would be this:

No Mona Lisa, but hopefully not "butt ugly" either. :lol:
(the speakers i.e.)

cheers,

AJ

Scottdazzle

« Reply #182 on: 25 Oct 2011, 01:07 pm »
AJ,

Yes I was in your room and listened to the speakers but you were involved in conversation with some other guys so I didn't interrupt. That's probably why I didn't get the word that they were prototypes.  I apologize for my very poor choice of words to describe them.  Be sure to post photos of the final version so that I can eat some more crow!

Scott

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #183 on: 31 Oct 2011, 12:50 pm »
AJ,
Yes I was in your room and listened to the speakers but you were involved in conversation with some other guys so I didn't interrupt.
Interrupt me next time :wink:.

That's probably why I didn't get the word that they were prototypes.  I apologize for my very poor choice of words to describe them.  Be sure to post photos of the final version so that I can eat some more crow!
I was probably explaining to them why there would never be a "production" version to a speaker with a rotatable, remote variable cardioid bass system, etc, etc...so don't look for one anytime soon :lol:.

Btw, not sure if this has been posted, but the photographer from Audiiogon finally posted a bunch of pics (or maybe I missed them earlier).
http://live.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/ces.pl?&&RoomList&MT&st41&&&&&RMF11
So I had to include the mandatory gratuitous shot from a real photographer (unlike me) :lol:

cheers,

AJ