Receivers: 3 Options, 1 Pick..which one???...HELP!!!!

Jose Garcia

My Denon AVR-3200 just died. The DSP/IC Chip cost $356.00 alone plus another part and labor.......About $450... :evil:

It's time for a new unit... :cry:

But, which one? :roll:

Here are my options around $500.00. All are near my area (Puerto Rico) :

1- Yamaha RXV-650
2- Denon AVR-1804
3- Onkyo TX-RS601

Would like to know your opinions and recomendations. :idea:

Jose.

MaxCast

« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2004, 01:03 pm »
I don't know between those receivers but I would check out the Panny's everyone is talking about.  Also, any new receiver with digital amps.

screamingelvises

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2004, 05:43 pm »
I believe the Denon would have the most juice (in my experience) and the Yamaha would have the best DSP/Surround performance.  I don't know much about the Onkyo.

If you have insensitive speakers go with the Denon.  If you like using all crazy DSP modes, the Yamaha may be your best bet.  I don't think you would go wrong with either one, though I would probably go for the Denon.

Jose Garcia

Thanks...
« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2004, 03:17 am »
My previous experiences with my Denon were great too. It had enough power to move my speakers with easy.

But now, I can't invest $1K as with the AVR-3200. I could go halve the way and those models are around my budget. As you said, Yamaha seems to be the king in DSP ( not that I care much) and the Denon is more musical and powerful . But, Yamaha provides pre-outs and that is important in case I later buy a multiple channel amplifier.

I think I will go with the Yammy after all...

Gracias for you help.

Jose.