Using single ended unshielded cables with the Ncore.

DaveX

Hello, I am using Paul Speltz Anti IC's unshielded cables.

Would there be any problem using a RCA to XLR adaptor into the Ncore input, and should I have the safety earth connected/disconnected on the mains inlet. Will the Neutrik NA2MPMF XLR Male to RCA female adaptor be suitable, or is this wired up differently to an RCA to XLR adaptor.

My preamp is the Glasshouse TVC passive. Thanks.

Speedskater

• Kevin
Re: Using single ended unshielded cables with the Ncore.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2012, 12:34 am »
Using an unshielded unbalanced analog interconnect in the modern world is just asking for trouble!  Using it near a Class "D" amp or anything digital is just asking for a second helping of trouble.

DaveX

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2012, 01:07 am »
Using an unshielded unbalanced analog interconnect in the modern world is just asking for trouble!  Using it near a Class "D" amp or anything digital is just asking for a second helping of trouble.

My current power amps are the original Channel Islands D200's, the Anti IC's work perfectly and sound very nice with no hum at all.

mkcarnut

• Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2012, 01:22 am »
On your question on the adapters, I used an RCA to XLR adapter with my nCores until I got a preamp that allows XLR outs.  It was fine...no change in wiring needed within the nCores at all.  I just used some inexpensive Dayton Audio adapter because I only needed them for ~1 month.  There was no hum at all and the system sounded great.

Mark

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2012, 05:12 pm »

I have recently read that the Ncores are very good about not generating noise or interference.

But I'll stand with may statement that in the modern world, all unbalanced analog interconnects should be shielded.