New stuff from Dodd Audio (pics too)

Danny Richie

« on: 8 May 2003, 02:47 pm »
My good friend Gary Dodd has been pretty busy with designing and building some new stuff.

First he now has an integrated version of his highly acclaimed 8 watt amp, and it has been upgraded as well and is better than ever.

And get this! He is only asking $1,300. for them, completed, and ready to play.

And the standard version of the amp is now $1,000. and he has several of them in stock.

Also a couple of years ago he and another buddy bought out Melos. Melos was producing some really good tube amps and pre-amps. Their $3,950. pre-amp received high praise including praise from Stereophile, from what I have been told.

Gary has replicated the basic guts of that pre-amp and mounted it in a simple chassis with two inputs and one output and is selling them for $450. If you ever wanted a good high end pre-amp for next to nothing this is it.

Gary has also just developed a 50 watt stereo tube amp based on the same front end stage of the 8 watt amp. It uses the same chassis as the 8 watt amp and he is only asking $1,600. for these.

He has a 120 watt mono block design that kicks ass too.

Guys, I can't even begin to tell you just how good these amps of his sound. They take bang for the buck to a new level as these amps should cost a lot more than what he asks for them.

If you are considering making the plunge into the high end electronics arena don't overlook his offerings.

Dodd Audio
gldodd@attbi.com
972-276-6865

audiojerry

« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2003, 08:53 pm »
Thanks Danny, for bringing this news to our attention.
Do you know what his audition/return policy is?
With an 8wpc amp, which of your speakers work the best?

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2003, 09:08 pm »
Do you have any pics of the preamp?  Two inputs and one output would do the trick for me, and depending on sound and return policy this might be an audition option!

Danny Richie

8 watt amps
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2003, 09:11 pm »
I know he has a two 8 watt amps ready to ship.

If you were serious about buying it I think he would be glad to either sell you one with a return policy or send one out for you to try before you buy so long as you cover the shipping.

That 8 watt amp is one of the best sounding amps I have ever heard period and is the best sounding single digit amp that I have heard by far.

It has been A/Bed against expense 300B mono-blocks and other much more expensive amps and toasted them.

The 8 watt Dodd Amp drives our Diluceo's really nicely, as 4 ohm loads are no problem.