Is there an all in one streamer/dac/headphone amp that can handle hi-res audio?

funkmonkey

I want to be able to lay in bed and access my music library, mostly FLAC (some up to 24/192), and listen through my headphones.

right now I am just plugging in an ipod into a headphone amp, and it sounds great... but I know I can do better.  Do I need a separate streaming device-DAC-amp? Or is there an all-in-one solution.  Gotta be affordable.  Would love to get into some tubes for this system as well.  Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Cheers

adminRH

• Admin
None that I know that can do it all.

You can stream your iPod via USB to iFi micro DSD DAC/amp. It is excellent, using BurBrown 1794 DAC, good reclocking, very strong headamp, analog volume control, many other features. It's small and battery powered so you can have the volume control in bed.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Would you be satisfied with a high-end portable player?  and you need to define "affordable"...

funkmonkey

and you need to define "affordable"...
fair enough...  $500 give or take, could go higher, but don't really want to.

funkmonkey

I'm open to other options as well...  thought about grabbing a little dot amp and a used squeeze box to accomplish my goal...  any other ideas along these lines?

funkmonkey

You can stream your iPod via USB to iFi micro DSD DAC/amp. It is excellent, using BurBrown 1794 DAC, good reclocking, very strong headamp, analog volume control, many other features. It's small and battery powered so you can have the volume control in bed.

Whoa!  this thing is gnarly...  will look into it more, but want to stream from my computer in the livingroom, so wireless via network would be ideal for a streamer.

kbuzz3

This plus the onkyo hf music app enables high Rez.  I wouldn't spend more before you tried this combo.  The ifi 's tone sound is exemplary

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio

funkmonkey

Cool, thanks guys, this info has set me on the path I needed...  cheers