New portable headphone setup....

slwiser

New portable headphone setup....
« on: 29 Nov 2011, 11:15 pm »

This is the setup: Fostex HP-P1 Amp/Dac + iPod Touch 64GB + DT1350 recabled by Moon Audio with their IEM Silver Dragon cable for flexibility split entry.  That is also the Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon iPod Doc to USB connector.  Running lossless files in the iPod.

Set of images:  http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/slwiser/Portable%20setup/

saisunil

Re: New portable headphone setup....
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2011, 12:19 am »
Nice ...
I had ALO Solo combo with iphone for a week and preferred 801 ... but I love the convenience of i-phone / ipod ...

I have heard good things about Fostex dac but not sure about the amp section.
Would love to hear your impressions and any comparisons you have made ... Also how do they sound with iems and full size phones ...
Thanks

slwiser

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:05 am »
I am no longer into doing any detailed comparisons.  I have found that what I like has change quite a bit over the years.  Headphones and equipment is much like barbecue in everyone has their own favorite favor and with sound everyone has their own bias and favorite sound profiles.

I just know that I am really satisfied with what I am hearing from this portable combination.

shandy

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2011, 06:07 am »
I agree with you. We all find our perfect set up, wether it is for someone else is another thing. I will post a picture of my set up now I have the blackbird which has ended my search for my perfect rig. Just awaiting the balanced cable now for the LCD's.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm »
I also agree especially with headphones and IEM's. Today I got a pair of UE TripleFi 10's and they are the best IEM's I have ever heard period but someone else may not like them for whatever reason....I read once where someone said IEM's and headphones are like buying different colors to paint with and I have to agree.

slwiser

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2011, 01:47 am »
New addition to the setup, the ALO Continental V2 portable tube amp as shown below.  The combo has a solid state and tube amp along with the iPod Touch and Beyer DT1350 headphone.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2011, 03:29 am »
now thats really nice