RMAF 2009 Show Photos

WGH

RMAF 2009 Show Photos
« on: 5 Oct 2009, 10:31 pm »
I was able to take a few photos before my camera died, heck of day for a dead battery.

One of my first stops was the MBL room. Oh yes, the $ound was excellent.

Lenahan speakers from Austrailia were driven by Monarchy solid state electronics. These are great sounding speakers with room filling bass, definitely not your standard mini-monitor sound. Search them out if you only have room for two small speakers.

Another photo of the ModWright/Daedalus room.

The new Audio by Van Alstine Ultravalve 70 was driving the Salk HT4's with Frank's custom "rope" speaker cables.

The new and as yet un-named Salk HT4 in bamboo with the smaller Songtower.

Wayne

Pez

Re: Full RMAF show Coverage
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2009, 10:42 pm »
I split the topic because I thought you'd get more attention here. You can retitle it if you would like. Great shots! :thumb:

WGH

Re: RMAF 2009 Show Photos
« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm »
That makes sense, your show coverage should have it's own thread.

cryoparts

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2009, 01:31 am »
Hi Guys,

I uploaded a few photos here:

http://cryo-parts.com/rmaf_can_jam_09.html

Peace,

Lee

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2009, 02:26 am »
WGH....
"Lenahan speakers from Austrailia were driven by Monarchy solid state electronics. These are great sounding speakers with room filling bass, definitely not your standard mini-monitor sound. Search them out if you only have room for two small speakers."

Nice meeting you Wayne... :thumb:

Those speakers (Room 500) were very good...small in size, but a big sound...and very good bass for their size. Made in Oz...shipped in custom cases...nice stuff. 8)

Another small speaker that was very good....and about the same price... the smaller PMC speaker in the Bryston/PMC room.

The Lenahan will play louder...but both are VG. And both rooms were very helpful in the info department. :wink:

ckline

• Tel Wire
« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2009, 02:53 am »
The Monarchy/Lenahan room  :thumb: (really for the $$$ of the gear it was silly good)

The Wilson Benesch/Dehavilland room  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bigfish

« Reply #6 on: 6 Oct 2009, 02:58 am »
The Monarchy/Lenahan room  :thumb: (really for the $$$ of the gear it was silly good)

The Wilson Benesch/Dehavilland room  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

What were they using for the amps and preamp in the Wilson Benesch/Dehavilland Room?

Thanks,

Ken

mgalusha

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2009, 03:30 am »
What were they using for the amps and preamp in the Wilson Benesch/Dehavilland Room?

Kara's new 50A, a push pull amp modeled on the old Fisher 50A from the early 1950's. They were lovely with the Wilson Benesch, lush harmonics without being too syrupy. Vocals were gorgeous. Yeah, I really liked that room. :)

Bigfish

« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2009, 03:39 am »

Kara's new 50A, a push pull amp modeled on the old Fisher 50A from the early 1950's. They were lovely with the Wilson Benesch, lush harmonics without being too syrupy. Vocals were gorgeous. Yeah, I really liked that room. :)

Thanks Mike:

The Dehavilland/Wilson Benesh Room was one of my favorites last year.  However, they were using a very high-end custom made CDP Player and the best of the best in cables.  Last year I estimated the retail of the speakers, amps, preamp, speakers and cables to retail around $50,000.   Do you think the set-up this year was in the same ball park?

Thanks,

Ken