Olive Symphony and Musica all-battery mods are here!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #60 on: 12 May 2006, 07:13 pm »
Quote from: tubesguy
Thanks Vinnie -

I actually meant that I'd have to try to convert the library that I've already created in iTunes to FLAC.  

Are you using Apple Lossless files in iTunes?  Olive is supposed to issue a SW update that will allow for the playing of Apple Lossless....once they get permission from big bad Apple (I heard it is in the works).

You should be able to wirelessly stream these files to the Olive and import them into the Olive's hard drive...

Best,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #61 on: 16 May 2006, 10:08 pm »
All,

Olive Media Product just recently began to branch out to the retailer market.  

I am in the process of being a reseller for Olive music servers, so they can be purchased from me and modified in a "one-stop-shopping" fashion!  :)

Other Olive news:

They are in the process of updating their SW to allow control from a PDA (ex. nokia).  This would allow you to see all your music and access all your music without having to get up.  Who needs exercise anyway?  :weights:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #62 on: 19 May 2006, 12:26 pm »

ZLS

RWA Modified Olive Musica--Bigger is Better
« Reply #63 on: 28 May 2006, 12:05 am »
:D   I am the proud owner of the second RWA modified Olive product.  I have the Musica (160 GB)  I have just recieved my unit and while the unit is certainly not broken in there are certain truths that are self evident.  The immediate first impression is that the sound is larger than the RWA modified SB2 that I was using.  By larger I mean both wider and deeper.  For lack of a better word  the sound is just fuller.  The soundstage deapth is extroidinary and instrument placement is readily apparent.  All the detail is there and what is very important to me there is no loss of PRAT.  
    In as much as I have posted on this forum that using the SB2 along with a Dual Mono Clari-T with Paper in Oil caps had given me rhe best sound I had in my 35 years of being an Audiophile; I do not take it lightly when I say the RWA Musica provides appreciably better sound.  
    The customer support I have recieved from Vinnie is nothing less than exemplary.  
    The RWA Olive modifications are approximately 3x as expensive as the SB modifications.  Whether or not a person feels that the sound is 3x better is up to them.  That it is better is beyond dispute; as for myself I feel that it is clearly worth it.  

ZLS

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: RWA Modified Olive Musica--Bigger is Better
« Reply #64 on: 31 May 2006, 03:43 pm »
Quote from: ZLS
:D   I am the proud owner of the second RWA modified Olive product.  I have the Musica (160 GB)  I have just recieved my unit and while the unit is certainly not broken in there are certain truths that are self evident.  The immediate first impression is that the sound is larger than the RWA modified SB2 that I was using.  By larger I mean both wider and deeper.  For lack of a better word  the sound is just fuller.  The soundstage deapth is extroidinary and instrument placement is readily apparent.  All the ...

Hi ZLS,

Thanks for your post!

I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying your  modded Olive Musica and find it to be worth the cost.  After 200+ hours, please report back as I know you are going find it even better once the output caps break-in.  

I have to agree with your comparison to the modded SB.  The modded Olive is my very best digital source offering to date (for both analog and digital outputs).  The digital output is also fantastic, but if you are happy with the modded analog output stage of the Olive, there is no reason to bother with an external dac   8)

Thanks again,

ceirj1879

Re: Olive Symphony and Musica all-battery mods are here!
« Reply #65 on: 27 Mar 2019, 10:24 pm »
Hi everybody
I have Olive musica device, it worked great about last 10 years and I enjoyed my music until last sunday. Something went wrong with the electric system in my house. After shutdown my Olive musica device doesn't starting. I moved several times for last 10 years and I think I lost the recovery cd. Could you help me in this case? I need the recovery CD for my Olive musica. Can I buy it somewhere or download somewhere. Please help me. Thanks before