GR Research Owner's Audition List

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: GR Research Owner's Audition List
« Reply #100 on: 11 Apr 2018, 08:57 pm »
I moved up from the V2's up to the Super 7s, I'm in Denver, CO.  People are welcome to stop by and give a listen:

I installed the No-Rez on the Super 7s after I took this picture.

THROWBACK

« Reply #101 on: 11 Apr 2018, 10:31 pm »
I have season tickets to both the Colorado Springs Philharmonic and the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs, and I rarely miss a performance of the Veronika Quartet. Tyson's system sounds fabulous. Very, very musical.  And that was even  BEFORE he put in the new Jupiter caps.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #102 on: 12 Apr 2018, 12:23 am »
I have season tickets to both the Colorado Springs Philharmonic and the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs, and I rarely miss a performance of the Veronika Quartet. Tyson's system sounds fabulous. Very, very musical.  And that was even  BEFORE he put in the new Jupiter caps.

A pic of the insanity.  That's a LOT of copper in my crossover now:

Terry U

« Reply #103 on: 10 May 2018, 12:25 am »
I live in Vancouver, Washington.  I'm looking to have a listen to GR Research N3 floorstanders.  Let me know if you live in the Portland area, Western Washington or Western Oregon and I can check yours out.  If you feel that the N3S (center) is close to the N3 floorstanders sound I'll check those out as well.  THANKS!

madsry

Hi all. I’m anxious to hear some of Danny’s work. Especially interested in listening to some X-Static’s, but would be excited to hear other designs as well, OB or not. Would love to hear any of his subwoofers as well.

Any help locating an audition in Portland while I’m there this coming weekend would be greatly appreciated.

Folsom

« Reply #105 on: 24 May 2019, 07:10 pm »
Are there any Nx-otica's in LA area?

jtsnead

« Reply #106 on: 24 May 2019, 08:09 pm »
Are there any Nx-otica's in MD, DC, Northern VA and anyone that could build them for me

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #107 on: 24 May 2019, 08:16 pm »
New Record Day is located in Mesa AZ. Own the NX-Otica's. Feel free to stop on by!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #108 on: 24 May 2019, 10:15 pm »
I have NX-Otica monitors on top of the dual servo subs (the ones in my avatar) in the Tulsa, OK area. They are available for audition as well.

Mike

sarora9

« Reply #109 on: 8 Jun 2019, 06:34 pm »
Interested in auditioning one of the newer OB models (Super 7, NX-Otica etc.) in NYC/NJ/Philly region. Thanks!

sglau

« Reply #110 on: 17 Nov 2019, 10:20 pm »
I would like to mention if there would be people in Los Angeles who have any similar to share an audition with as I would enjoy the opportunity for myself and others as well ... :)

Jaytor

« Reply #111 on: 29 Dec 2019, 08:34 pm »
jaytor (Jay)
Portland, OR
NX-Otica and triple OB servo subs.

Anyone interested in auditioning these, send me a PM. I only finished the speakers a couple weeks ago, so they are probably still breaking in. Also waiting on some GIK acoustic panels and drapes to complete the listening room, but they are already sounding great. Everything should be in place by mid-January.

Digital only (Roon with Tidal): Bryston BDP-2 -> Schiit Yggradsil -> Parasound JC-2 -> Parasound JC-5

- Jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #112 on: 30 Dec 2019, 09:48 pm »
That’s a nice looking listening room! :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #113 on: 1 Jan 2020, 07:24 am »
jaytor (Jay)
Portland, OR
NX-Otica and triple OB servo subs.

Anyone interested in auditioning these, send me a PM. I only finished the speakers a couple weeks ago, so they are probably still breaking in. Also waiting on some GIK acoustic panels and drapes to complete the listening room, but they are already sounding great. Everything should be in place by mid-January.

Digital only (Roon with Tidal): Bryston BDP-2 -> Schiit Yggradsil -> Parasound JC-2 -> Parasound JC-5

- Jay

Jaytor,

I just sent you a PM.

Michael

Zitoun

« Reply #114 on: 19 Jan 2020, 01:43 pm »
Hello,
Is ther anybidy with GR research speakers around vancouver BC ? I am looking at thr Nx-Otica, I will be ver happy to hear it and exchange some ideas.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2020, 08:18 pm by Zitoun »

Captainhemo

« Reply #115 on: 21 Jan 2020, 04:28 pm »
Hello,
Is ther anybidy with GR research speakers around vancouver BC ? I am looking at thr Nx-Otica, I will be ver happy to hear it and exchange some ideas.
O.

Well,   as you know, we're only  a few  hours away, unfortunately, we don't have a pair of NX-Otica's right now... we need to build another pair out to have on hand.  We do have the Super 7's and the  NX-Treme's/ quad sub combo you'd be able to hear.
Can't  put you  up for the night due to space but we   will  do up some  good  food   and bevy's   :beer:

jay

Zitoun

« Reply #116 on: 26 Jan 2020, 04:21 am »
Thanks Jay, I'll be more than happy to drive to Okanagan, but we are pretty busy in Van right now.

Probably in summer when I'll visit my friend in Pectinton we'll come and have a drink.

Meanwhile what do you think I should listen too to get an idea of the sound ? Magnepans ?

Chilkoot

« Reply #117 on: 26 Jan 2020, 06:31 pm »
Hi Z, Jay,
I am in a similar situation. Live in Coquitlam, and considering Danny's Studio Monitors.
Cheers, Ed

Zitoun

« Reply #118 on: 27 Jan 2020, 05:32 am »
Hey Ed,

Let's create a Guild !  :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2020, 08:18 pm by Zitoun »

Captainhemo

« Reply #119 on: 29 Jan 2020, 01:34 am »
Not sure what  to suggest  you    2....Super 7's up here,  NX-=Tremes's,  XL Encores in various   levels of upgrades...    we  have parts to build out the Super Mini's   and also  want to   fuild out another  set of  NX-Otica's to have on hand  but  no time right now.

Best I  can suggest is to let us know  when you    want to come  up and we'll  organize  something

jay