Please help

daveyonthecoast

Please help
« on: 18 Feb 2016, 11:00 am »
Hello Friends, I hope someone can help!!
I have a Well Tempered Labs TT, with Marigo Labs upgrade, for the arm cup!!
I do believe, there are third party, upgrades, for the above!!, this is my favorite TT, an wish to go the whole way, re upgrades!!
I live down in Australia, where the above, is rare!!
I wish some one out there, can help!!, If I have to buy from the USA, I will!!
1.I do believe, that there is a  update for the stretch band, to my motor??
2." Larry Pederson", upgrade , on my arm!!, is still available??
3. I'm not sure, there where feet to place under, the TT, are they still available??
I have been playing, the above, with the Dynavector 17d3, with good results, but think I can do better, it is not recommended, to the arm!!
What I want is a moving coil, with balls, and speed,, a  cartridge, with again speed and guts!!, I have been told a Benz Mircro Glider, would be good, also I wish to purchase a updated arm for my well tempered classic, 1990's version, I have the marigo cup update, but wish to buy, the Larry Pederson updates, eg rewire and carbon fibre arm tube, and any other updates!!
Many Thanks
David
Any help
David

ACHiPo

Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2016, 11:04 am »
Davey,
I can't help you with your upgrade questions, but I love the Lyra cartridges ob my Well Tempered Reference turntable.  I started with a Lyra Beta, then moved to a Delos and Kleos.

AC

beta14ok

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:20 pm »
Can't help you either, as the WTT Marigo Mods are not in production (with the exception of their Tuning-Dots. My advise if you still want this stuff, you will need to watch eBay and other used audio websites...it does surface from time to time.

I did find an old Marigo Audio Lab product list from the 1990s that is interesting, but I know that this stuff is no longer available...except for the Dots.

Replacement belts are available from a number of sources and are discussed in other threads in this section.

beta14ok

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2016, 05:20 pm »
^ add to the above......I am a believer in the constrained layer resonance control that Marigo Audio has pursued over the years.

I have the well damped arm clamp, the platter interface mat, and the VTS dots on my WTT. On my system, they are advantageous.

I have never tried and do not own that original Marigo Audio MicroSuspension System . That said, I would be very interested in experimenting with the new generation of Marigo Audio Feet on my WTT and/or my TT platform, but I am just not very interested in spending that kind of coin.

Flyin_V

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2016, 06:34 pm »

2." Larry Pederson", upgrade , on my arm!!, is still available??

Hi David,

Sorry, I no longer do the WTA mods. The carbon fibre arm tubes just became too difficult to have made for me.

Lary Pedersen

daveyonthecoast

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2016, 07:49 am »
Thanks to everyone, for there kind response, to the above!!
I live down in Australia, and check every now and then, for the above, I usually search audiogon, but ebay, is very time consuming, if any one sees, what I'm after, please contact me!!
Many Thanks
David

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2016, 11:25 am »
Davey,

Try searching hifishark.com. It searches most of the sites, eBay included. Here's what came up when I searched for Marigo. http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Marigo. It may not show anything yet or you may try to refine the search to improve the results. Makes searching multiple sites easier.

daveyonthecoast

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2016, 09:59 am »
Hello friends
I need to buy a new cartridge,MC for the TT, the sound I like is fast and direct, with plenty of slam, and good deep fast bass!!
At the moment I'm using a shelter MM, entry level, but find the high's too harsh, at medium volume levels, and the bass is there, but seems boomy, not taught as I like, I have been told that the Mircro Benz Glider would be a good match, but from what I've read ZYT cartridges, are good, its a mine field out there!!, I have liked the Dynavector 17D3, but I have been in dispute, with there Aust, office, and will not be doing bussines with them again, There must be other brands, that work just as well, as the 17D3!!
Please help, as I wish to make a decision, in the next week!!
Many Thanks
David Spry
Australia

ACHiPo

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2016, 01:26 pm »
Hello friends
I need to buy a new cartridge,MC for the TT, the sound I like is fast and direct, with plenty of slam, and good deep fast bass!!
At the moment I'm using a shelter MM, entry level, but find the high's too harsh, at medium volume levels, and the bass is there, but seems boomy, not taught as I like, I have been told that the Mircro Benz Glider would be a good match, but from what I've read ZYT cartridges, are good, its a mine field out there!!, I have liked the Dynavector 17D3, but I have been in dispute, with there Aust, office, and will not be doing bussines with them again, There must be other brands, that work just as well, as the 17D3!!
Please help, as I wish to make a decision, in the next week!!
Many Thanks
David Spry
Australia
Davey,
I can't help you with your upgrade questions, but I love the Lyra cartridges ob my Well Tempered Reference turntable.  I started with a Lyra Beta, then moved to a Delos and Kleos.

AC
My recommendation is the same--Lyra Delos.

daveyonthecoast

« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb 2016, 09:07 am »
Thanks Friends
I have now made up my mind, re cartridge
Thanks for your input
Regards
David