Can you make a Subwoofer out of a Paradigm CC-70 Center channel speaker?

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
I have a CC-70 that I no longer use, can I convert it to a small powered subwoofer ? I think it uses (2) 5 1/4 and a tweeter. If I took out the tweeter and installed a small amp what sort of bass response could I get.

RDavidson

That speaker is rated to probably something like 60-70 hz and isn't made to produce meaningful bass, even with the modifications you're thinking about.

srb

I believe the drivers are actually 4-1/2" / 115mm

SET Man

I have a CC-70 that I no longer use, can I convert it to a small powered subwoofer ? I think it uses (2) 5 1/4 and a tweeter. If I took out the tweeter and installed a small amp what sort of bass response could I get.

Hey!

Short answer is no. A bit longer.... you can take out the tweeter and install a sub amp you will still get the same amount of bass as before with those 5.25" woofers since the cabinet is already tuned for those woofers.

Buddy

GRACE RUBY

if you want to start from scratch, parts express has some very fast d amp plates that go on a home made box, a friend of mine painted a 12 in speaker with silicon ha ha, it was wonderful, so good we both laughed
it sounded great and dam fast