Sticky fat dots

jostber

Sticky fat dots
« on: 18 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm »
Is it possible to get sticky fat dots that are sticky just on one side? I was wondering about using these for my open baffle speakers.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Sticky fat dots
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm »
Here's a copy/paste from the website description of Sticky Fat Dots:

...available with a speaker cabinet-friendly low-tack adhesive applied to one side or both.

When you order online, the Shopping Cart provides a drop-down menu to choose whether you want sticky on one side only or both sides.

Sticky Fat Dots

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:08 am »
Herbie:
I use Sorbothane BigFeet, that are very sticky, from a famous brand you know, on top of the speakers and CD player, and it works to attenuate resonances.

Do you recommend Sorbothane on equip top side, or you have something better?
Thanks

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2012, 02:29 am »
FULLRANGEMAN: I don't recommend Sorbothane, or Sorbogel, anywhere in an audio system. The material virtually always introduces some sonic anomalies into the vibrational environment. Its contravibrational energies are too slow to tame higher frequency acute vibrations that cause a lot of the glare and grunge in audio. At best, it's a trade-off material, attenuating some resonances while introducing others; at worst, it's literally an audio contaminant that will keep your system from performing at its best potential. It's not a material specifically designed for audio isolation.

On top of speakers, a granite slab usually does very well, with Herbie's "Thin" Fat Dots between slab and cabinet to neutralize any character of the granite. On top of a CD player, Herbie's SuperSonic Stabilizer is great for microvibration control, especially if used in conjunction with compliant Tenderfoot isolation feet under the player.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2012, 03:11 am »
OK, Thanks Herbie for this guidance.