Balanced Power Technologies New Stuff for RMAF 2008

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
Balanced Power Technologies New Stuff for RMAF 2008
« on: 25 Sep 2008, 04:31 pm »
BPT will be introducing some new products and new upgrades for our current line of products at RMAF in Denver (room 9016).

For our current line-up we will be offering a V-Cap Teflon capacitor upgrade option for our PPC power strip, CPC power conditioner and BP line of balanced power isolators. Our products have already received raved reviews and will now perform to an even higher level with the V-Cap Teflons (VH Audio) installed as a filter network on each AC receptacle. We are also offering a new Teflon jacketing option for our ICs, speaker cables and power cords. Here too, we take the performance of great products to the next level.

We will be showing D-Sonic amps modified by BPT. The world premier of Empirical Audio's new Off-Ramp Turbo III. I will let Steve give all the details on this awesome computer interface, but let me add that having had it in my home system for a couple days now, the sound is killer. We will be spinning new releases from FIM and Reference Recordings as well as some old favorites. Also on display for your sonic pleasure will be a one of a kind open baffle ribbon and open baffle dynamic woofer speaker system that will blow your mind.

And finally, come see and hear Balanced Power Technologies new line of loudspeakers.  Cirrus is our pinnacle bookshelf design consisting of a RAAL tweeter and custom AudioTechnology woofer.  Combined with brilliant cabinet design that renders a completely inert enclosure with minimal diffraction effects, Cirrus delivers an utterly transparent listening experience.  Speed, articulation, tonal accuracy, balance, and see-through transparency are all strengths of Cirrus.  Also at RMAF will be mid and entry level offerings based on the same cabinet design.  Mid-range is the Equinox, an excellent balance of upper octave extension and articulation along with lower octave impact and composure, and value.  Drivers are a Beryllium dome tweeter and Usher’s finest woofer.  Entry level is Squall, a sealed MTM design using 6.5” SB Acoustics woofers and a Seas waveguide tweeter.  Squall will also be offered with a matching center channel, and will be an excellent choice for those looking for dual duty – home theater and impeccable 2-channel reproduction.

Pre-release planned pricing is as follows (upgrades and options will be announced and finalized after RMAF):

Cirrus $2695
Equinox $1695
Squall $995”

Thanks for sitting through our promo. I invite everyone to stop by our room for some real sonic treats and a copy of our 2008  Favorites CDR.

Chris
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2008, 03:18 pm by BPT »

TheChairGuy

Re: Balanced Power Technologies New Stuff for RMAF 2008
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2008, 05:22 pm »
Chris,

Good luck on the line extensions...I love my PPC (and your excellent service)  :thumb:

Welcome to AC (a tad late I know)

John

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2008, 06:46 pm »
Here are some pictures of the new Cirrus loudspeaker. It sounds as good as it looks.

Chris

MerRev

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2008, 03:02 am »
good luck at the show Chris and Ryan.  It's good to have so many talented guys in the area and I have to admit I'm honestly just too afraid to take anything home from you Chris.  :lol:  I've seen it happen atleast 4 times now and each time they walk away perfectly happy.  Since I've had the pleasure of seeing and hearing the new Cirrus speakers I have to comment- the shape is terribly cool and the finished product looks amazing.  :drool:    I'll echo Chris's comments and just have to add I couldn't believe transparency & speed of the RAAL tweeter & Audio Technology woofer.   
                     -Chris

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2008, 03:17 am »
Here are some pictures of the new Cirrus loudspeaker. It sounds as good as it looks.

Chris

Knowing Ryan just from his posts here at AC, his Cirrus definitely looks like a weapon of mass pleasure & loaded to maim one's pleasure sensors. :lol: I'll be looking forward to posted reactions from AC members @ RMAF. If it shines like my BPT BP2.5 has (in my system) for the last 5 years, I expect they'll be a lot of happy campers. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

AliG

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2008, 04:40 am »
Chris, what happen to the speakers you displayed last year at RMAF07???

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2008, 05:08 pm »
They are at Ryan's house. He is using them in his main rig. We didn't have enough interest to make them a production model. We cetainly can build a pair up for anyone that is interested in them.

Chris

cadobhuk

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2008, 12:03 am »
What are the dimensions for the cabinet and what are the driver sizes?

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:43 am »
Here is a link to the "Red" speakers we used last year at RMAF. http://www.b-p-t.com/latest-bpt-news/news/
They are a 3-way. Tweeter is a ScanSpeak 6600 Air Circ crossed at 850hz, midrange is a Seas W22EX Mag Cone open baffle, woofer is a Scan Speak 26W in a 2.5 cu/ft vented box.  The sound is transparent and very dynamic.

BPT

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2008, 03:37 pm »
Here are some specs on the Cirrus.
http://www.b-p-t.com/cirrus.html
Chris

mca

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:09 pm »
Maybe this was answered somewhere else, but what's with the bolts sticking out of the top  :scratch:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:28 pm »
Maybe this was answered somewhere else, but what's with the bolts sticking out of the top  :scratch:

The bolts run through the entire assembly, on the bottom are threaded spike feet.  The outside 4 rods are used to align the assembly during construction, and they hold the external crossover section on when completed.  The center rod is tensioned down to further raise the resonance of the top and bottom panels. 

The above pics are prototype shots, here's how it'll look from now on.  There will be a threaded inserts under the veneer on top, completely hidden.