(SOLD) (Canada): Genelec 1030 powered monitors, sequential serial #s

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio

The upgrade bug is unyielding and relentless. I originally got these Genelecs to downsize, but now I'm aiming to upsize again.

The 1030's are the predecessor to the current 8040's. They are more traditional in appearance (the new ones are not very WAF friendly), and actually about 20% more compact than their modern equivalent. Genelecs are known for being fantastic studio monitors, and are super resolving. Clarity up top is amazing, and their low end reach is impressive for their size, dipping down well into the 40 Hz range which is astonishing for something that's small enough to actually fit on a bookshelf. Each speaker is internally bi-amped, with dip switches to control treble, bass, and rolloff characterics to account for room acoustics.

I'm located in Canada, but willing to ship elsewhere. I also have the official padded carrying bag for these.

I would rate condition a conservative 7.5/10; the drivers are all fine, no major scratches or dents. Just some scuffs on the bottom corners. The speakers have a matte black finish and have sequential serial numbers so you know these are a perfectly matching set.

Looking to get around 800 USD net to me. More willing to make a deal with Canadians since then I don't have to deal with conversions and nutty shipping.

« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2017, 05:26 am by Armaegis »

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: For sale/trade (Canada): Genelec 1030 powered monitors
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2017, 04:12 am »
Pictures added. I forgot to take a picture of the bag though.

Dimensions: 312x200x240mm (12 1/4" x 7 7/7" x 9 7/16")
weight: 7.6 kg (17 lb) each

https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Previous%20models/2-way%20loudspeakers/1030A/ds1030a.pdf