Kismet Mods ordered today

theopaul

Kismet Mods ordered today
« on: 16 May 2020, 03:51 am »
Hi all,
I have a pair of Kismet MonoBlocks that Klaus upgraded about 15 months ago. I love them, have them paired with an ARC REF 2 mark II preamp, sounds great.
After reading about the new upgrade parts Klaus has available I called him today. He suggested that I upgrade the transformers, that that would make a big difference in SQ. So I asked to be put in the queue. I'll have to wait until some time mid-summer before he can do the work but I'm sure it will be worth it.
It won't take that long to do the work so he can do it while I wait, I'll drive there from Chicago. The price for this upgrade was very reasonable, Klaus has the best pricing!!
I can hardly wait.
I'll keep this group posted when I have the work done.
Theo

uncola

Re: Kismet Mods ordered today
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2020, 02:15 pm »
What were the old transformers and what are the new?

theopaul

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2020, 11:36 pm »
Hi All
A few months ago I reserved a spot in Klaus's work queue to upgrade my Kismets with the latest transformers and hyper caps. Fortunately I live  only a 3 hour drive from Indy and I drove the amps down there yesterday. I dropped them off at noon and Klaus had the work done by late afternoon. This enabled me to save all the shipping expense which for these monoblocks would have been significant.

Klaus and his wife have a beautiful home in a surburban wooded area of Indy, his shop is attached to the house. His wife is clearly a talented gardener with plants, bushes and flowers everywhere. Due to Covid I had to keep my distance and there was no shop tour or listening to his system.

I really appreciate the great customer service, I can't imagine anyone else doing this kind work in an afternoon. As a last minute addition and at his suggestion, I had Klaus install Synergistic Orange Fuses, whick he stocks. Klaus, thanks for the personalized service and quality work. It will be a month or 2 before I can actually get them hooked up, I am moving next month and all my audio gear is packed up. I'm sure they will sound great, I can hardly wait.

hi_watt

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2020, 06:21 pm »
Awesome! I'd like to get my monoblocks upgraded soon. The wait is definitely worth it.

theopaul

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2020, 02:05 am »

All of my audio gear is packed for an impending move so my friend is breaking in my newly upgraded Kismets. Klaus tells me they need 600 hours so I wanted to get a head start on the break-in process. I have not heard them yet but my audio buddy tells me they sound wonderful. The speakers are a custom made open baffle type called Stoneys ( for the marble facing ) by the maker, A nice looking combination for sure!

revg1952

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2020, 04:18 am »
those speakers are gorgeous, what drivers are in there?
Gary

theopaul

« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2020, 11:28 am »
Gary,
These speakers are gorgeous indeed. They are made by a local craftsman and speaker builder in Elgin Il. The design has evolved over the past few years, I am not sure what drivers he uses. He is the person who is breaking these amps in. Stephen is a very creative and talented speaker builder, I have an almost identical pair he built for me. If you want to learn more about them message me and I'll sent you his contact info

theopaul

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2021, 02:29 am »
Hi All,
When I picked up my upgraded Kismets from Klaus last summer I was getting ready to move, My system was not

fully set up until Christmas. So now I am settled in my new house so I wanted to show all of you what my Kismets look like in the rest of my system. Now that everything is set up. I won't be changing too much now, I can't imagine getting better sound without cashing in all my retirement savings. These Kismets are the best, I love the quality of the sound they produce.

Dishman442

« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2021, 07:13 pm »
On Wednesday Klaus received my Khartago/Kismet monos for a last upgrade. I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear these for the first time.  I have a new preamp and phono from him I’ve never heard!