NuPRIME expects Price Increases first of May

John Casler

NuPRIME expects Price Increases first of May
« on: 28 Mar 2021, 09:35 pm »
Last December, I announced anticipated price increases.  Turned out, it affected only a few models.

I have recently been informed to expect a more comprehensive increase including most models.

We have been fortunate to have not encountered these "Cost increases due to the electronics supply chain problems" earlier.

It is projected that we will experience a 10-15% increase to "most" models starting May 1st.

So, as always, if you have been considering a NuPRIME product, make your move as soon as you can.  I wanted to give all our fans and customers at least 30 days notice.

I might also note that I have recently read that ONKYO and Onkyo owned PIONEER are VERY impacted by the supply chain issues, and are either close to, or currently "restructuring", so even Industry Giants are not immune.

Let us know if you have any questions

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: NuPRIME expects Price Increases first of May
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2021, 01:54 pm »
Eek! Price increases scare me. Email sent to you, John.

Edit: I got my behind off the fence and paid for a CDT-8Pro and an Omnia A-300 amp. Give me about 3 or 4 weeks, and I'll post my thoughts.

Big thanks to John Casler for swiftly responding to my questions!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2021, 02:10 pm by mresseguie »

ThomasDK

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2021, 06:20 am »
Glad I just bought a MCX-4 and 2 x AMG STA...  :D

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2021, 05:31 pm »

WOW!

That must sound fantastic.  What PrePro are you using?

ThomasDK

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2021, 06:02 pm »
At the moment I am using a Marantz SR 8015 as preamp, but I am looking for a separate DAC/preamp.

Evolution DAC or maybe AMG DAC if such a thing is coming??  :D

Samoyed

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2021, 12:06 am »
I’ve had an evolution DAC since it came out. Paired with a Schitt Freya plus, it is amazing. Really.

ThomasDK

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:23 pm »
  Hi Samoyed

Yes, I do not doubt that the Evo DAC is very very good, it is also my first choice/wish - money no object - , but here in Denmark it is about 5.200 US dollars due to local VAT, Tax etc...  And a possible coming price increase will not help. I am on a limited budget you see.

BR Thomas

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2021, 07:12 pm »
The electronics supply chain and parts problems you hear about in the news is getting worst.
Copper price rose by 60%, some critical parts such as WiFi and bluetooth chips have 6 months to 1 year lead time (not only we have to pay way ahead of time, we should be thankful that we can get the parts!)
Everywhere we turn, suppliers from aluminium machining, anodising, PCB SMT are all running at 100% capacity.
So what can we do?  :scratch:
Like everybody else we pay up and stock up, which make the problem worst.  :duh:

ThomasDK

« Reply #8 on: 3 Apr 2021, 08:23 pm »
It was not ment as I saw it being unfair with price increases, thats part of life, and most definitely fair

Some times the things you want the most is just a little more money than budget allows, but dreams are for free  :D

Dint

« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2021, 01:17 pm »

Impressions on your equipment? MCX vs AMG