Plato’s Mojo

« on: 15 Sep 2020, 05:51 am »
Hi all! My name is Bart and Am very happy to have found this group. Music has always been a big part of my life; I play the guitar and always have a song in my head. For years, I was lost in the mp3 world until my golden ear, audiophile neighbor invited me over so I could hear what I was missing. We played u2’s “Joshua Tree” on mp3, CD, cassette tape and then on vinyl lp and finished on mp3 again. I was blown away by how much music I had been missing. I started putting together a solid two channel system and have been tweaking it ever since. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Blackmore

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2020, 03:10 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Bart

Plato’s Mojo

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2020, 05:02 pm »
Thanks so much!

Mike-48

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2020, 06:12 pm »
Bart, Welcome also to AudioCircle! Here, you will find a lot of knowledge and experience, and even more opinions. To bend the famous saying, ask 10 audiophiles, get 15 opinions! I don't mean that in a bad way, just to say, no one in this endeavor has absolute truth.

If you're so inclined, you could fill in your user profile, so that when you ask a question, other users will know what kind of gear you have now and where your home is. Those things can let people give better answers.

But most of all, welcome! And I hope you enjoy your hifi plenty!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2020, 12:00 am »
Welcome!

Plato’s Mojo

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2020, 07:43 am »
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2020, 10:18 am »
Welcome!

There's never been a better time to get into audio, especially if your technically savvy.  Prices are relatively low and convenience can be high.  CD quality streaming allows for anywhere access to millions of albums for $20/month or less.  Various wireless methods allow for full remote control and to eliminate speaker cables.  High quality integrated DAC/preamps are down right affordable.  And active speakers (that have no channel of amplification per driver and have many advantages) have finally started to become popular for home users and offer a multiple of approaches. 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2020, 08:45 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Bart   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2020, 03:12 pm »
Welcome  :thumb: