Salk speakers paired with a McIntosh amp.

bvk_houtx

Salk speakers paired with a McIntosh amp.
« on: 16 May 2021, 03:32 am »
I have a HT that is comprised of a McIntosh MHT100 amp, Marantz 7705 processor, Dynaudio Audience 82/122/62 speakers and a Rythmic F22 sub.  I will be upgrading the amp to a MC205.  I would like to upgrade the speakers and have been looking at Salk Sound. I am intrigued by the Ellis 1801TL as I have heard those speakers before (although it was 11 years ago and it was a DIY kit built by a co-worker).  I am also looking at the Veracity HT series, and Dennis Murphy's new BMR tower paired with a BMR as the center.  I would use the Dennis Murphy mini-monitors for surrounds with whatever I decide.  My concern is in pairing a McIntosh amp with Salk speakers.  Part of me thinks this is nonsense and I'm worried about nothing, but I thought I would check here and see what the experts had to say.  Any and all feed-back is appreciated.........thanks

DEP14

Re: Salk speakers paired with a McIntosh amp.
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2021, 08:44 pm »
I recently paired my SS12's with a MC462 and C2700.

I could not be happier.  I had a pass lab combo before and it was good.  But this combo - I've been contemplating writing a post about how happy I am with it.  Just absolutely perfect.

jd3

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2021, 11:53 pm »
I had a McIntosh 6700 receiver that I used with SS8’s and standard Song Towers.  The Mac was a good match with both speakers.

bvk_houtx

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2021, 06:12 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  I didn't think I had anything to worry about but it doesn't hurt to verify......thanks again.

jd3

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2021, 09:00 pm »
You’ll be happy with a Mac/Salk pairing.  I used Pass amps too before I had the McIntosh and I preferred the Mac (but not by a lot). 

MichiganMike

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2021, 10:54 pm »
I power my Salk Soundscape 10 speakers with McIntosh MC501 amps and a C48 preamp and love the combination.

ilikerecords

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2021, 11:42 pm »
I recently paired my SS12's with a MC462 and C2700.

I could not be happier.  I had a pass lab combo before and it was good.  But this combo - I've been contemplating writing a post about how happy I am with it.  Just absolutely perfect.

Wait...what!?  When did this happen!?  You already know that's my Mac combo!  Now I'm REALLY anxious for my Encores!

ddps

• Salk SS 9.5 / McIntosh MA8900 / Auralic Altair
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2021, 07:40 pm »
I have a HT that is comprised of a McIntosh MHT100 amp, Marantz 7705 processor, Dynaudio Audience 82/122/62 speakers and a Rythmic F22 sub.  I will be upgrading the amp to a MC205.  I would like to upgrade the speakers and have been looking at Salk Sound. I am intrigued by the Ellis 1801TL as I have heard those speakers before (although it was 11 years ago and it was a DIY kit built by a co-worker).  I am also looking at the Veracity HT series, and Dennis Murphy's new BMR tower paired with a BMR as the center.  I would use the Dennis Murphy mini-monitors for surrounds with whatever I decide.  My concern is in pairing a McIntosh amp with Salk speakers.  Part of me thinks this is nonsense and I'm worried about nothing, but I thought I would check here and see what the experts had to say.  Any and all feed-back is appreciated.........thanks

I swear by the combination of my MA8900 with my SS 9.5s! Unparalleled. The McIntosh's legendary low distortion can be fully appreciated with the 9.5s. Spectacular.

skidro

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2021, 11:52 pm »
I am running my salk encores in a cd only system with a Mcintosh mcd600 cd player using the variable balanced outs directly to a McIntosh mc452 amp balanced in and then straight to the encores. I also have the gaia footers on the encores. The sound is absolutely fantastic in every way. If you think of the multitude of audio reviewer terms to describe the best sound.......THEY ALL APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply a sensational combination of components with superb results. I do think the ability to use only two components and use the variable balanced ability of the Mac cd player to control the volume keeps a minimum amount of cable in the system. I only use 2 of Paul Speltz 3.1 series anti-cable .5 meter balanced interconnects from cd player to amp and a pair of his 3.1 speaker cables to the encores. I feel confident in saying you will LOVE your encores with the Mac gear.

skidro

MiamiAngler

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2021, 01:56 am »
I have the Song3 BeAT’s paired with a MA660 and love the combination.

DEP14

« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2021, 10:57 pm »
Wait...what!?  When did this happen!?  You already know that's my Mac combo!  Now I'm REALLY anxious for my Encores!

A couple months back.

They are real, and they are a spectacular duo. 

When I get a little time, I'll do a little write-up.