Just looked inside my D200's

DaveX

Just looked inside my D200's
« on: 23 Jul 2006, 03:22 pm »
......really neat, however, I note that the large dished washers that hold the transformers in place are notably buckled :scratch:. Their very thick washers so they wouldn't have formed that way from the shape of the transformer. Dusty, it's over to you. Thanks.

CIAudio

Re: Just looked inside my D200's
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2006, 04:17 pm »
......really neat, however, I note that the large dished washers that hold the transformers in place are notably buckled . Their very thick washers so they wouldn't have formed that way from the shape of the transformer. Dusty, it's over to you. Thanks.

Toroidal transformers are not perfectly flat...the clamp will conform to the transformer shape when securely tightened.

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2006, 06:29 pm »
I can't believe people care about what the washers holding the transformers look like.  They serve no purpose other than to hold the transformer in place. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2006, 06:56 pm »
They pretty much all buckle when you tighten down the transformer.   Unless you make the chassis out of 1/2" steel.   :o

dhiebert

• http://darrenhiebert.com
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2006, 07:44 pm »
I can't believe people care about what the washers holding the transformers look like.  They serve no purpose other than to hold the transformer in place. 

I wonder when we will start seeing washer upgrades, accompanied by amazing claims of how they "lift the veil from the music"...