Vertical bi-amping with Virtue TWO.2

Bjammin

Vertical bi-amping with Virtue TWO.2
« on: 18 Sep 2011, 08:05 pm »
I have a two.2, JT dynamic power supply, and mark & daniel sapphires.  If I added another two.2 (or Sensation) and JT power supply for vertical bi-amping each speaker, would this be an improvement in power or dynamics? Bi-amping reduces the current load, but with a single two.2 and 10A JT power supply, am I current limited to begin with? Thanks

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Re: Vertical bi-amping with Virtue TWO.2
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2011, 04:20 am »
I have a two.2, JT dynamic power supply, and mark & daniel sapphires.  If I added another two.2 (or Sensation) and JT power supply for vertical bi-amping each speaker, would this be an improvement in power or dynamics? Bi-amping reduces the current load, but with a single two.2 and 10A JT power supply, am I current limited to begin with? Thanks

In the case of most 2ways (I know the sapphires well) by amping with our amps will cause a loss in power.
Our amps like to run at 4 ohms which is what the sapphires are.
if you decide to try it I would use one amp per speaker (one channel for the bass and one for the highs)
my psu will run 2 amps no problem so you don't need to get another psu.

My speakers are a hard load and fairly inefficient and I've run a Two.2 on each speaker before but ended up back at a single amp.

When I was helping M&D run there room at CES 2009 Seth brought us a original Two and we pushed a pair of minis, rubies, diamonds, and monitors at very good levels to fill the room.
What's your source? Are you using a preamp?

Bjammin

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2011, 10:51 am »
Jason,
For now my source is a Dacmagic USB-connected to my imac, with outputs into the two.2.  I plan to get a Dared pre-amp in the future.  Would you be able to make me a split DC cable so that I can run two amps from your single psu?
thanks,
Ben

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm »
Jason,
For now my source is a Dacmagic USB-connected to my imac, with outputs into the two.2.  I plan to get a Dared pre-amp in the future.  Would you be able to make me a split DC cable so that I can run two amps from your single psu?
thanks,
Ben

Yes I can make you that cable.

antonio

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2011, 04:07 pm »
hi jason.
can i try bi-wiring using pre-out of my sensation m901 into another integrated ampli and using both speaker power exit (sensation's + other ampli) each one for one of speaker input bi-wired of my klipsch rf7?

do you think is a good way for bi-wiring or without an electronic crossover there are no significant improuves?

thanks.
antonio