Triode Wire Labs-- How Did Peter Pick the Name?

Joe Frances

Triode Wire Labs-- How Did Peter Pick the Name?
« on: 29 Nov 2018, 05:51 am »
Pete:

How or why did you pick the name "Triode" for your products?  Did you want to associate the "sound" or impact of your cables and wires to triode tube amps?  Do you have a personal affinity for tube sound, particularly triodes?  Are your wires and cables built to reflect a sound affinity with tube gear?

I have to say as a budding tube guy, back awhile ago when I bought my first power cords from TWL,  I was personally attracted to your products on the assumption that you were making an intentional association with triode tube amps.

Would love to hear about your design philosophy in this area.

Thanks,

Joe

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Triode Wire Labs-- How Did Peter Pick the Name?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2018, 07:27 am »
That's an interesting question for any one of these companies.

:popcorn:

Triode Pete

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2018, 10:34 pm »
Hey Guys,
The answer lies here on my website... https://www.triodewirelabs.com/about-triode-wire-labs/

Why the name Triode?
In 1926, the ‘71A direct-heated power triode was introduced, followed by the ’50 in 1928, the ’45 and PX4 in 1929, the PX25 in 1930, the 2A3 in 1932, the 300A in 1936, and the 300B in 1938. Over 85 years after their introduction, these triodes continue to be the lowest distortion amplifying devices ever made. These fairly simple devices can produce exceptional natural musical fidelity. Triode Wire Labs believes their products produce the same exceptional natural musical fidelity at “common sense” prices.

Cheers,
Pete

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2018, 11:46 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb:

NB

twitch54

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2018, 12:51 am »
why he picked a pack of pickled peppers ................

Joe Frances

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2018, 03:36 am »
Got it.  I guess I  should do my homework before asking.... What I was kind of getting at was whether you designed your wires and cords to have a sort of special affinity to tube gear?  I would assume not, but just wondering.

BobM

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2018, 07:10 pm »
Pete is definitely a tube guy, using small wattage amps to drive his revamped Klipshorns (actually they are more like Volti's then Klipsh's now). And you've probably never heard horns sound as good as these, just sayin.

roscoe65

« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2018, 07:45 pm »
Pete is definitely a tube guy, using small wattage amps to drive his revamped Klipshorns (actually they are more like Volti's then Klipsh's now). And you've probably never heard horns sound as good as these, just sayin.

You forgot to mention his "second system", with 300Bs driving 12" Tannoys.  I actually prefer the sound of that one, but then again I like the sound of my Altec and Goodmans 12" drivers.

GregC

« Reply #8 on: 30 Nov 2018, 09:46 pm »
If Pete designed his cables with an affinity towards tubes then he failed miserably because his cables sound FANTASTIC with my solid state gear.  :lol: