DBneutralizer hits a home run

JJ Triode

DBneutralizer hits a home run
« on: 14 Nov 2009, 02:56 am »
I recently got some Thin Fat Dots (dBneutralizer discs) to put between my electrostatic supertweeter modules and my main speakers.  I was mainly hoping to sweeten and clean up the high-treble output of the electrostats (6 kHz and up) and the Dots not only succeeded in doing that, BUT I also noticed a big improvement in BASS articulation, pitch and extension.  It was really remarkable!

At first I felt there was a downside in terms of a rounding-off of leading-edge transients, especially on high piano notes.  However, the cleanness of the highs allowed me to raise the output level of the tweeters a couple of dB (they are adjustable) and this help bring the transients back.  Putting Herbie's Spade Lug Washers on my speaker cables at the amps and the tweeters also helped restore the right level of transient speed.  Nice going, Steve!

JJ Triode

Re: DBneutralizer hits a home run
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2009, 03:00 am »
Steve,
I also wanted to ask if you can supply small squares (3/4" or 1") of the 9/64" thickness dBneutralizer material, and if so, what would be the price per square?
TIA,
JJ

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: DBneutralizer hits a home run
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2009, 03:43 am »
Sure, JJ. We can make them just about any size you would like. For 3/4" or 1" squares (w/rounded corners), the price would be the same as standard "Thin" Fat Dots. If you order them online, just order the regular "Thin" Fat Dots and then mention in the "comments" section of the order form the size(s) that you would like.

Or, you can get a 5" x 8" sheet and cut your own. The material cuts easily with a razor blade or hobby knife.

dBNeutralizer Sheet

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2010, 01:28 am by Herbie »