Nuprime AMG STA on/off qustion

JanZak

Nuprime AMG STA on/off qustion
« on: 24 Jun 2021, 09:06 pm »
Hello everyone,
From today, I have been testing the AMG STA power amplifier. The NAD C658 preamplifier is the source. So far I am very satisfied with the quality of the sounds, despite the fact that the amplifier is completely new. I only have a problem with manually turning the AMG on and off. Unfortunately it has no triggers input. Also nowhere have I found information whether the tip goes to sleep and then you can wake it up somehow. There is some information on the website about programming the remote control, but unfortunately with the Logitech Harmony I have, there is no option to enter codes. Questions: does AMG have a standby option? What remotes can be programmed using the codes on the Nuprime website. Thank you in advance for your help.
JanZak

JanZak

Re: Nuprime AMG STA on/off qustion
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2021, 08:39 pm »
@rustydoglim
Hey, is there any chance on your part to help with the above topic?
Thanks  :)

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2021, 11:12 pm »
From the website:
CUSTOM CODE 0X06
— KEY CODE—
POWER ON / OFF 0X0

If this doesn't make sense to you, please contact support@nuprimeaudio.com
There is an optional remote control but I think support should be able to help you to program your remote.

JanZak

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2021, 07:18 pm »
Hi agin,
I've already dealt with the RC, but I have another question.

Is it normal that when I have both XLR cables and only one RCA connected to the AMG STA, regardless of the position of the BAL / UnBal knob, I always have a stereo signal?

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2021, 03:50 pm »
If you are using RCA input, then you must set the switch to UNBAL

janvda

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2021, 02:49 pm »
Hi @JanZak , may I ask you how you solved the RC? I'm a Logitech Harmony user too, and am considering buying the AMG STA. RC will be the only thing to get solved before I pull the trigger on the amp

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2021, 12:28 am »
The AMG STA comes with an optional remote control, but you can use the published code to program your universal remote control.

janvda

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2021, 10:34 am »
Well, not entirely, Logitech Harmony doesn't allow a user to input IR codes. But I've reached out to Logitech support through their user forum, and they've added the AMG STA to their database, allowing Harmony users to select the AMG STA as a device.

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2021, 07:53 pm »
That's great. Thanks.