Hello everyone! New to this forum. Trying to locate Well Tempered Finger lift!

familytree2000

Hello was introduced to this forum by the owner of a well tempered classic (simple tonearm) I just purchased.  He had misplaced the original finger lift.  I'm looking for the one with three holes for mounting the cartridge.  If anyone has a spare please send me your contact info so we can workout a deal.  Thank you! 

~Piry

/mp

Just a thought or what passes for one anyway. Is it easier & cheaper to give the measurements to a precision machinist & hire him to bang one out?

good luck,

jjss49

op

don't know where you are located

if in usa, try mike pranka at toffco who is the importer for wtl
« Last Edit: 3 May 2021, 03:50 pm by jjss49 »

familytree2000

Hey!  Thanks for the fast responses.  Im in Los Angeles so ill try Mike. Thanks. 

familytree2000

Hi Mike since your monitoring all of this.  If you can contact me about the mount/finger lift.  Would be much appreciated.  I can't send out any direct messages yet.  ☺️

Apesbrain

Several 2-hole finger lift options available on eBay might work if you're willing to mount your cartridge like this:

According to thread below, at least one WTT manual presents this mount as an option:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140118.0

familytree2000

Thanks for the response Apesbrain.  I did look at those options on eBay but im want to keep the look of the table as original as possible.   If I don't find one soon I may have to go that route.  Again I know I can get away without using one at all.  But it looks so freakin cool! 

By the way is that your 2m black?  I have a bronze coming in the mail.  Very excited. 

Let me know if you want to trade your finger lift for an brand new eBay bought one  :wink:

audiobasic2000

Good Afternoon, familytree2000:

Or you can get that suggested one from eBay, drill a hole in the middle and then tap it with a die. It will either be very similar or like the original. (Just a thought.)

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

familytree2000

I might go that route Kingsley.  Thank you! 

audiobasic2000

You.re welcome, familytree2000.   :)

jjss49

mike hasn't come to the rescue yet on this?  i am surprised... he has save my a-- a few times with my amadeus

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
I recognize the dust on that cartridge, that would be mine.

familytree2000

No.  No response from Mike.   :cry: