Best way to sell a WT Classic

Flamenco_Diego

Best way to sell a WT Classic
« on: 19 Nov 2020, 01:08 pm »
Hi all,
After 3 decades with this special table, its time to move up. I have a 110 volt WTL Classic, with quite a few mods/ tuning dots, carbon fibre arm. etc. 

Situated in Sydney, Australia, what do you think is the best way to sell?,
without Cartridge or with?
via Ebay?  via audio sites?   
It has Carbon Fibre arm, Van den Hul silver litz arm wiring,
Absolute Harmony KLIE rca sockets, original belt and clamp. Its trubble free and running speed accurate like the day it was made.  I'll be sad to see it go.  But its time.

dpatters

Re: Best way to sell a WT Classic
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2020, 03:11 pm »
Why not list it here? Make the cartridge an option.
GLWS.

Don P

jjss49

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2020, 04:08 pm »
hifi shark
audiogon
audiomart

aren't there some high end audio trading sites or forums in oz?? 

Flamenco_Diego

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2021, 09:19 am »
Well, I did sell my WTL in late November early Dec.  However, it was sold to a WTL newbie, 1500  kms away, and i had to spend like, hours and hours guiding the new owner on assembly, setup and the like.   Not too sure bout whether or not it was successfully completed. 
We take for granted, all the little WTL tricks, custom & practice knowledge we build up, and a complete outsider could wonder what in the hell we are talking about.

Do you ppl think this might more apply to early WTL TTs, than to the  . . .er .. .more modern type which by now are presumably "Plug and Play" ?   :? :wink:

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2021, 12:09 am »
Hi,

You should try stereo net here in Australia. It might be difficult to sell a 110 volt turnable though.

Cheers Rod