Everything Louder Than Everything Else!!!! The Metal Thread

FireGuy

Re: Everything Louder Than Everything Else!!!! The Metal Thread
« Reply #500 on: 4 Dec 2015, 03:23 am »
I've been listening to Ghost lately.   Its funny because they would be super famous if it weren't for satanic lyrics.   They aren't to be taken seriously, but still.

Damn Devil music!! :rock:

JoshK

« Reply #501 on: 4 Dec 2015, 03:32 am »
In the literal sense here.   Except some who are snooping might not understand.  Ghost is a swedish band.  They are kinda pop rock, but they have a hint of metal through some of their riffs.   They are blatantly satanic via lyrics, but it is all admittedly fraud, it is just a gimmick.   But they dress up as some cultish crap, with the lead singer dressing up as the "anti-pope" with an upside-down-cross on his hat and a skull painted on his face.   

GentleBender

« Reply #502 on: 4 Dec 2015, 04:55 pm »
I just have to vent my frustration a bit. Just spent the last 1 1/2 hours attempting to purchase tickets to the Tool/Primus show. I log in 15 minutes before they go on sale and when they became available I search for any 5 tickets available and it comes up empty. I then search for 1 ticket and get the same thing. I REALLY wanted to go so I open two browsers plus use the ticketmaster app to continually search for tickets and came up with none.  :cry:

I decided to do a search for tickets and now there are a ton of them on 3rd party resell sites for ripoff prices that I refuse to reward these people for doing. Just so many lame people, and I'm wondering how these people worked Ticketmaster who was the only seller of tickets.

mvwine

« Reply #503 on: 4 Dec 2015, 09:35 pm »
Same way with the Tool/Primus concert in Tulsa. Tons of people are bitching about it on Facebook, but not much you can do now.

JoshK

« Reply #504 on: 5 Dec 2015, 01:35 am »
I hate that shit.  It should be illegal, but its hard to deal with.   I think they use a bunch of bots that buy up tickets super fast, like high frequency trading. 

Berndt

« Reply #505 on: 5 Dec 2015, 04:57 am »
Argus, love these guys all their vinyl sounds great.
Alunah, all their shit sounds great too, mastered by Tony Reed who is awesome in Mos Generator and Stone Axe.

JoshK

« Reply #506 on: 8 Dec 2015, 03:37 am »
Sorry for the too big of a linked image before....
but this band
Mors Principium Est - Dawn of the 5th Era

is freaking amazing!  :rock:

JoshK

« Reply #507 on: 14 Dec 2015, 04:28 pm »
Listening to Noumena based on some buzz.   They are quite good melodeath, very melodic guitars, but the vocalist is only so-so IMO.  I prefer harsh/growling vocals to still somewhat clear rather than roar roar roar.

FireGuy

« Reply #508 on: 14 Dec 2015, 06:06 pm »
Sorry for the too big of a linked image before....
but this band
Mors Principium Est - Dawn of the 5th Era

is freaking amazing!  :rock:

I agree re Mors Principium Est.   Similar to Insomnium only darker.  Time well spent this morning.

JoshK

« Reply #509 on: 15 Dec 2015, 03:24 pm »
Where do you guys buy your metal CDs?   I find that a  lot of the bands (like Finnish, Australian) are harder to come by and/or expensive to buy on Amazon, et al.   I often find many of them (but not all) on bandcamp and just download them in flac via BC.  Any other good sites for the CDs or downloads at reasonable prices?

FireGuy

« Reply #510 on: 15 Dec 2015, 04:21 pm »
Where do you guys buy your metal CDs?   I find that a  lot of the bands (like Finnish, Australian) are harder to come by and/or expensive to buy on Amazon, et al.   I often find many of them (but not all) on bandcamp and just download them in flac via BC.  Any other good sites for the CDs or downloads at reasonable prices?

Amazon.com for CD's or the band's web site if their music is sold there.  For purchasing security I don't meander away from that rule. 

JoshK

« Reply #511 on: 15 Dec 2015, 08:53 pm »
Yeah well I have had hit and miss issues with Amazon.   I like BandCamp as I think it goes directly to the artist as most look to be offered via their label's page.  Haven't confirmed though.  Its also a nice play to keep  a lot of your music as you can stream right from there (at work like I do) or download in any format you wish (flac).

Some of the labels offer direct downloading, but many/most don't seem to.

Folsom

« Reply #512 on: 16 Dec 2015, 02:11 am »
It's always good when they sell a bunch of tickets at local places, so even if you can buy it online you have to pick it up in person.

One of my favorite albums, from a total non-metal person.

Youtube listen, but it's much better from CD

Peter J

• Hmmmm

JoshK

« Reply #514 on: 18 Dec 2015, 02:27 pm »
Haha....  next heavy metal band name, the Blue-Banded Bees!

milford3

« Reply #515 on: 16 Jan 2016, 08:21 pm »
Complex guitar and drums.  Really enjoying this band.

FireGuy

« Reply #516 on: 17 Jan 2016, 01:55 am »
Right on Milford3.  Shylmagoghnar's effort here well worth another mention.  Bands of this talent and delivery deserve much more exposure.

Insomnium's Across The Dark has been this weekend's "Go To" for me.   MDM here is insanely good.

JoshK

« Reply #517 on: 21 Jan 2016, 02:57 am »
I really dig Insomnium, as I really love the melodeath sub-genre as a whole when it is done well.   Fellow Finns, Mors Principium Est, Omnium Gatherum, and Aussies Be'lakor are seriously worth checking out in that sub-g.

I am on a Gojira kick.  I oft do that with a band.  I listen to them a few times and then I'll get something that grabs me and I obsess for a few months to years.  Their drummer is near superhuman. 

JoshK

« Reply #518 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:07 am »
Finally warmed up to Meshuggah, took me forever, but you really need to listen to them on pro-audio gear.  Stuff that can take tons of power without stressing.   I have all DSL Synergy speaks in my HT and it finally clicked.   

JoshK

Re: Prog Rock/metal
« Reply #519 on: 1 Feb 2016, 09:07 pm »
I came across another Aussie prog act.  The Aussies have been putting out some tremendous prog rock and metal!
Arcane.  Their new double album is freaking awesome.
https://arcaneaustralia.bandcamp.com/album/known-learned-double-album