Sandbox OB H Frame Build Completed

AlexH

Re: Sandbox OB H Frame Build Completed
« Reply #80 on: 5 Mar 2021, 03:57 pm »
So I finally got around to finishing the second sub and upgrading the crossover in my X-Statiks. The second sub made an immediate difference. I really like it. Got to give the crossover upgrades time to burn in, but so far so good.  :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #81 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:01 pm »
Im gunna be assembling my X Statik crossovers this weekend!
Fully upgraded with Miflex bypass caps :thumb:
Then it'll be onto the assembly & finishing the two cabinets!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #82 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:12 pm »
So I finally got around to finishing the second sub and upgrading the crossover in my X-Statiks. The second sub made an immediate difference. I really like it. Got to give the crossover upgrades time to burn in, but so far so good.  :thumb:

Nice.  What sort of difference did you hear with the 2nd sub added?  Did you arrange them in a stereo pair, or something else?

AlexH

« Reply #83 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:25 pm »
I did arrange them in a stereo pair. I still have not dialed them in since adding the second sub. The best way I can describe the difference is by saying it is a much more fuller bass sound. The bass is just effortlessly reproduced. If that make sense. And it makes me smile a lot. :P

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #84 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:35 pm »
"Effortless" was the first word that jumped to mind when I listened to Danny's NX-Treme rig...
It's really incredible.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #85 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:50 pm »
"Effortless" was the first word that jumped to mind when I listened to Danny's NX-Treme rig...
It's really incredible.

Was that your first time hearing a system that good?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #86 on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:17 pm »
First & only time actually.. :lol:
But it was a fantastic learning experience!
It gave me a much better understanding of "what to look for" and whats possible. It really took me a while to quantify the experience and put it into words, let alone how to apply it to my own entry-level system.

Since then, Its given me a direction & expectation. So little by little I'll continue to work on getting my system where I want it, and enjoy it along the way. Only reason i haven't beem able to lately has been conflicting schedules with my housemates. But one is moving out soon, so that will greatly free up my evenings for more listening.