A Quiet Place/ outstanding!!

stlrman

A Quiet Place/ outstanding!!
« on: 9 Apr 2018, 11:51 pm »

“In the modern horror thriller A QUIET PLACE, a family of four must navigate their lives in silence after mysterious creatures that hunt by sound threaten their survival. If they hear you, they hunt you.“
97% on RT
Intense!! Edge of you seat suspense !! Unique!!

Folsom

Re: A Quiet Place/ outstanding!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2018, 03:49 am »
I have been thinking I should see this in theaters. The previews are pissing me off though because I don't want to see anymore until I see the movie. I like the idea of suspense and fear they may show too much of the monsters too often.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2018, 03:42 pm »
Big screen movie for sure!! I have never heard a more silent theater. Don't make a sound or else....
10 out of 10 stars

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2018, 12:19 pm »
Now this was a really good movie very suspenseful and kept one guessing until the end when they discovered the creatures obvious weakness and ends abruptly, so I am hoping they make a part 2.

If they do make a part 2 I would want to know more about the creatures themselves like where did they come from or who made them etc..

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2018, 02:45 am »
It was ok. Plot holes, obviously...

All in all I was expecting it to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Having a soundtrack was the dumbest decision of the movie. Imagine watching Gravity with a rock and roll sound track... that's what this movie is like. Potential big, execution mediocre.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2018, 08:46 am »
I really enjoyed it overall.  Some mild spoilers follow, so if you haven't pieced them together simply from the trailers, skip ahead. :wink:  The movie does have a couple flaws, chief of which is the super obvious weakness of the monsters (that hunt by sound).  It seems incredible that the governments and militaries of the world never figured it out.  And the newspaper clipping spoke of the monsters and being invulnerable to all weapons which is patently false as one shot from the 12 ga destroyed one.  You can make the case that it only happened after it was weakened by, er, the weakness...but there's not much logical reason  that explains it.

Still it was well done. Well written aside from those minor inconsistencies and well acted.  It was pretty suspenseful and the few jump scares didn't seem quite as cheap or cliched as they would be in a lesser film.  They kind of left the door open for a sequel, and I've read that one is forthcoming.  For better or worse any film that's even mildly successful becomes a series since it's safer to do that than come up with something original again.  But I think I'd probably go see A Quiet Place 2. :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2018, 04:16 pm »
They shot it when it expanded it's armor so it could hear better. It had nothing to do with being weakened.

The military has a lot of sonic weapons. They would have found something. At the very least they could have built something that was invulnerable to their claws that went off like a siren, to collect them all in one area. They certainly can be trapped, as shown that they are not infinitely strong, nor with infinitely sharp claws.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2018, 05:47 am »
If that was me I would of used my DML panels as my sonic weapon.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

ajzepp

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2018, 10:38 am »
Just saw this one last weekend...thoroughly enjoyed it. "Jim" got himself a writing AND directing credit on this one, too. Talented dude.