FREE Muisc : Jazz Mandolin Project live from 3-24-04

nickspicks

Hey folks.
this is a good one.  The Jazz Mandolin project, a 4 piece band consisting of lead mandolin, stand up bass, drums/perc and a fella on keys that also blows one of the meanest trumpets iv'e heard in memory.

The recording was done in my "home turf" venue, the State Theatre in Portland Maine.  I was about 30' off the stage, dead center.  
vintage AKG c34 stereo mic (XY, cardioid) > Apogee AD-1000 16bit UVR / 44.1khz

There are a couple of Zeppelin covers in their set that were astounding.  The whole set is quite a jaw dropper of unique sounds and funky jazz stemming from many different influences.  The trumpet has a spanish sound to it.  Its quite good!!

One CD's worth of music.  I'm looking for a place to upload it, but in the meantime...if anyone wants a copy, PM me w/your mailing address and I'll send one off to you.

Some MP3 samples:
www.nickspicks.com/mp3/jmp.mp3
www.nickspicks.com/mp3/going-to-california.mp3

cjr888

« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2004, 01:30 pm »
You have a PM.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2004, 02:15 am »
Me too! :hyper:

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2004, 02:34 am »
Luv the mandolin.  Sign me up!

Christof

I'd love a copy
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2004, 02:29 pm »
Are you spinning copies for B & P?  

Who was playing bass with them, Fishman?   I've seen them a few times as a 3 piece w/o keys.  Wonder if it was the mad genious of John Medeski.

Thanks
Christof

nickspicks

« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2004, 06:18 pm »
i'm out of blanks, so unable to send any more freebies out, but i'm more than willing to burn blanks for you if you want to send them to me.
just contact me off list, PM me ...whatever.

I'll get back to those folks who have PM'd me and not heard back yet.  My ISP has been all messed up this week, so i'm slow.