GR Research Owner's Audition List

B97209

Re: GR Research Owner's Audition List
« Reply #180 on: 12 Aug 2022, 07:50 am »
Hello.  New here.  A friend and I each upgraded Sony SS CS5s from Danny’s kit. Great experience.  Just ordered the Double Trouble kit. Live in Portland Oregon.  Just a beginner. But let me know if I can help.

Jaytor

« Reply #181 on: 14 Aug 2022, 03:26 pm »
Hello.  New here.  A friend and I each upgraded Sony SS CS5s from Danny’s kit. Great experience.  Just ordered the Double Trouble kit. Live in Portland Oregon.  Just a beginner. But let me know if I can help.

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Portland and own NX-Oticas with a pair of Triple Threat subs, as well as a pair of NX-Studios.

You're going to love the new subs.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #182 on: 14 Aug 2022, 06:37 pm »
I thought I posted here a while ago, but I guess not. Just across the river from you guys in Vancouver, WA with a set of NX-Studios. If anyone needs to hear a set in a smaller room with more budget minded components, it is pretty amazing what they bring to the table.

-Lloyd

350Industrial

« Reply #183 on: 5 Jan 2023, 09:34 pm »
Just completed my NX Otica build.  Still working on tweaking placement, but open to hosting anyone who wants to take a listen.  I'll post a complete build thread in the coming weeks.  Located north of Chicago, IL near Wisconsin state line.   8)

ostvald

« Reply #184 on: 25 Jan 2023, 07:07 am »
Hi All,

Loking for NX-Otica owners in north California.

Thanks!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #185 on: 25 Jan 2023, 05:39 pm »
Just updating my gear.  I'm in Denver, CO and I have the NX-Otica (downstairs) and the Super 7's (upstairs):

NX-Otica:

Super 7s:

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #186 on: 25 Jan 2023, 09:02 pm »
I’m in northern Illinois close to the Wisconsin border and the lake.

I have X-SLS, X-Voce, X-Statik, X-Omni, and Super 7.  I also have a Single Sealed Servo Subwoofer.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2023, 07:24 pm by corndog71 »

soundofrockets

« Reply #187 on: 28 Jan 2023, 08:14 pm »
Hi Tyson - I see that you have your OB Triple subs positioned in tandem behind the speaker - does this make any difference in the sound ?  Can I do the same with LS 9s? 

I have them all in horizontal alignment and facing the listener - takes too much space and especially starts to touch the viewing screen.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #188 on: 28 Jan 2023, 08:30 pm »
Hi Tyson - I see that you have your OB Triple subs positioned in tandem behind the speaker - does this make any difference in the sound ?  Can I do the same with LS 9s? 

I have them all in horizontal alignment and facing the listener - takes too much space and especially starts to touch the viewing screen.

Yes of course, it' makes the sound more solid, when you have deep bass down to 16hz.  The NX-Oticas go down to 30hz in my room because the room is pretty small.  I run the subs from 16hz up to 50hz.   There's some overlap but it still measures and sounds good.  I imagine it would be similar for your LS9's.

soundofrockets

« Reply #189 on: 28 Jan 2023, 08:34 pm »
Great - I will try to do the same once the cross overs for LS9s are upgraded.  Thanks

THROWBACK

« Reply #190 on: 29 Jan 2023, 04:07 pm »

A little outdated: I have an AtmaSphere preamp now.

Live in Colorado Springs. You could catch me and Tyson (Denver) on the same day.
Chuck

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #191 on: 29 Jan 2023, 04:36 pm »

A little outdated: I have an AtmaSphere preamp now.

Live in Colorado Springs. You could catch me and Tyson (Denver) on the same day.
Chuck

Nice…I had Atma MA-1 Silvers and an MP-1 many moons ago.

rwehands@hotmail.com

« Reply #192 on: 4 Feb 2023, 01:05 am »

I live in Vermont and I am very interested in hearing a pair of X statiks.  Let me know if this would be possible and on what kind of schedule.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Ross

rwehands@hotmail.com

« Reply #193 on: 4 Feb 2023, 01:12 am »
Trying to contact Shives in Western Mass.  Very interested in hearing your X static set-up.  Any feed back helpful.
Ross

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #194 on: 4 Feb 2023, 02:31 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Ross!
Please make one more post (for total of 3) then I will contact you by PM about password.
Thanks

rwehands@hotmail.com

« Reply #195 on: 4 Feb 2023, 03:32 pm »
I don't know how to direct a comment to one specific posting.  Can someone help with this?  Looking to contact Shives in western Mass. about his X-static speakers.
Thanks
Ross

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #196 on: 4 Feb 2023, 03:58 pm »
Ross,
Now that you have three posts you can send him a private message.
And your change password function should work now too, if still needed. 
Rich

Badd99

« Reply #197 on: 7 Feb 2023, 05:38 pm »
Welcome to showing off some gr research if anyone is in the Detroit metro area (Michigan.) Feel free to contact me. Nx otica and stereo triple servo subs. I went way above and beyond on my crossovers.

(There is no-rez on the subs since the picture was taken, had to finish building the room first. 100% DIY.)

Hafgrim

« Reply #198 on: 7 Feb 2023, 06:50 pm »
Welcome to showing off some gr research if anyone is in the Detroit metro area (Michigan.) Feel free to contact me. Nx otica and stereo triple servo subs. I went way above and beyond on my crossovers.

(There is no-rez on the subs since the picture was taken, had to finish building the room first. 100% DIY.)

Wow, wish I lived in Michigan. Are those difussors all diy?

MistyMtnHipHop

« Reply #199 on: 31 Mar 2023, 03:20 am »
Just updating my gear.  I'm in Denver, CO and I have the NX-Otica (downstairs) and the Super 7's (upstairs):

NX-Otica:

Tyson! I would love to come and listen some time!  I’m new to all this but very interested in these speakers.  I’m in Castle Rock.
Let me know!  Thanks so much.

Super 7s: