HiFace clicks with iMac 27" i5

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
HiFace clicks with iMac 27" i5
« on: 23 Aug 2010, 12:54 am »
I didn't put this in the AppleCore because the issue is related to the HiFace.  I intended to retire my 4 year old iMac Intel Core Duo and received a 27' iMac Quad Core i5.  When playing music through the HiFace, there are occasional clicks.  When I reverted to the 4 year old iMac, there aren't any clicks.  Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone know what might be the issue?  The clicks are nowhere near the magnitude of the clicks with the earlier HiFace software.

Bemopti123

Re: HiFace clicks with iMac 27" i5
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2010, 03:11 am »
Switch USB ports to see whether this phenomena is repeated.  There was a case a couple of years back where it was found that some Mac ports are not fully powered thus generating strange behavior on USB sound equipment.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Re: HiFace clicks with iMac 27" i5
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2010, 02:43 am »
Followed the advice in the thread about setting up a Mac Mini and turned off Dashboard and used a different USB port (also suggested by Bemopti above), and the situation is much improved.  The 27" iMac with the quad-core processor is very quick compared to my old Core Duo, and the display is also much nicer.  I am on a university's faculty, and i got an iPod Touch with my computer purchase as part of the summer education store promotion, and the iPod Touch makes a nice remote.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2010, 04:07 am by oneinthepipe »