Any users of Elac’s new (reissue) Miracord 50 TT?

jhr1986

Any users of Elac’s new (reissue) Miracord 50 TT?
« on: 15 Oct 2021, 09:14 pm »
I have a pair of Elac Debut b6.2 speakers in my budget system and I’ve been quite pleased with them given their $250 (sale) price tag. 

I’m currently only streaming music to this stereo and have been thinking about adding a TT.  I see Elac has put their Miracord 50 TT on sale for $260 which at least on the surface seems like a bargain.  I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to turntables in general - has anyone used this deck that could comment on it or compare it to other tables in the sub-$500 price range?

Thanks!

Link to TT on Elac’s site: https://elac-america.myshopify.com/products/miracord-50-turntable?variant=21317537398889&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gc_id=11074422923&gclid=CjwKCAjwzaSLBhBJEiwAJSRokq2z6f9OEeMtIuN48D4uYZxcxQG1COqwbTpHwXtkS_vqPV-ey5yBWBoCQd0QAvD_BwE

jmc207

Re: Any users of Elac’s new (reissue) Miracord 50 TT?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2021, 12:10 am »
Thanks for inquiring about this Elac table. I didn't even know they had one, much less one at such an attractive price. Hope someone with some knowledge of this one replies.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2021, 11:23 am »
The specs look terrible, very high wow and flutter, s/n ratio high, only an 8" tonearm, stainless steel bearings.  I wouldn't have much hope for this table.  At the $400 retail the AT LP120 is a much better table or one of the cheaper ProJect tables, but at the sale price the competition is only the lower level Orbit or the AT LP60.   I'd go with the Orbit because you can upgrade it later and the specs for the base unit are better.  The Audio Technica LP60 is about as bad as this Elac.  They also have a Miracord 60 for $1,500, but for the life of me I can't see what makes the 60 much better than the 50.

jhr1986

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2021, 08:20 pm »
Letitroll98, thanks for your thoughts.  I'm not turntable savvy so the specs/numbers are just that to me, I don't know how to interpret them as "good" or "bad".  I'll pass on this TT and save for something nice.

rotarius

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2021, 01:32 am »
This same model was sold by Monoprice for about half the price.  They stopped selling them.  Really not a bad sounding deck.  They are all made by the same oem that makes TTs for several brands including AT.  The speed stability is servo controlled and is about what you find in similarly priced decks.  The 8" tonearm length is incorrect, bad units conversion.  It is 224mm which is in the range of most Japanese decks from the golden era.  In fact, the Orbit arm is too short for my liking. 
Try it, if you have speed or pitch issues, return it.