Jamo Sub 650's paired with Maggie 1.7's

Chuckdog2005

Jamo Sub 650's paired with Maggie 1.7's
« on: 15 Oct 2011, 04:02 pm »
I ordered a pair of Jamo Sub 650's yesterday.

They feature a 12" driver in a sealed enclosure. They're rated down to 24Hz and are supposed to be a fast accurate performer.

I'm pairing them with 1.7's that are great with the exception of low end definition at lower listening levels.

I'm hoping the extra bottom end will increase my non critical enjoyment, while adding a some additional authority to the music when it has my full attention.

What I don't want is for them to muddy up the 1.7's otherwise beautiful performance.

They should be here by mid week.

I'll keep those interested updated. CD
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2011, 07:56 pm by Chuckdog2005 »

Chuckdog2005

Re: Jamo Sub 650's paired with Maggie 1.7's
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2011, 02:57 pm »
The 650's arrived Tuesday afternoon.

I have them connected, but I haven't been able to do more than confirm their operation.

The Jamo OM leaves much to be desired.

I hope to be able to give them an audition tonight. Thanks' for reading, CD.

Chuckdog2005

Re: Jamo Sub 650's paired with Maggie 1.7's
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2011, 06:46 pm »
After spending a few hours with these, so far I'm happy with their performance.

They seem to do a very good job of keeping up with the Maggies. I've yet to detect any muddying of the sound.

I have them fed through individual sub connectors attached to the L/R pre-out connection. I'm using "Y" connectors at each sub to connect to the L and R subs line level ins.

With them crossed slightly above their minimum setting of 40 hz and the phase @ "0", they seem to be very smooth performers.

Their extension is noticeable and quite articulate.

I wasn't completely sold on the idea of adding any dynamic speaker to the mix.

They do seem to compliment the Maggies presentation though, especially at lower listening levels. I'll update as time passes. Thanks' for reading. I hope this helps others with similar thoughts. CD
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm by Chuckdog2005 »