Selling my Xbox has caused me to play more videogames????

mcrespo71

Ok, I sold my Xbox in preparation for either an Xbox 360 or PS3, but now I'm gaming more than ever!  I just have my Nintendo Gamecube and a backlog of games that I didn't finish, but in the past two months I've finished:

1) F-Zero GX- AWESOME RACER!, 2) Metroid Prime 2- Echos- best boss battles ever in a videogame and an extremely challenging adventure, 3) Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask- on a GCN disc- never played this for N64 and it is brilliant and goes to show that graphics surely are not everything in a videogame- this is clearly a better game than any of the Xbox360 games I've played thus far, which have all been pretty mediocre, 4) Replayed both the original Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 and 5) Timesplitters Future Perfect, which was OK, but not as good as TS2.

Anyway, I would have never imagined having one less console would allow me to game more, but I guess I just hit a brilliant run of backlogged games.

Bring on the PS3!

texasphile

Re: Selling my Xbox has caused me to play more videogames???
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2006, 03:37 am »
Hey, I have an import TurboGrafx Duo with games that I haven't gotten around to playing and an American version Saturn with a bunch of titles still in the shrink wrap.  One day I'll either sell them or actually play them.  I gave my brother's kids my Xbox and Gamecube because I didn't play them very much.  I still use my PC since I really like First Person Shooters.  It's a dual core AMD 64 3800+ with a nVidia 7800 GT card (SLI) and an Audigy sound card.  Maybe I'll never get around to playing my backlogged games.  I sold off System Shock II last year and it was still in the shrink wrap.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2006, 03:57 am »
Quote from: texasphile
Hey, I have an import TurboGrafx Duo with games

Nice.

I used to have a TG16. Wanted the Duo when it came out. Now only have a Turbo Express & the NEC pack for my LaserActive deck.

I still wonder if I should get back into collecting video games or start selling things off. I probably should sell off my Gauntlet 2 dedicated cabinet at the very least as that thing takes up a good amount of space and never gets used anymore...

texasphile

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2006, 04:10 am »
Oh, the best 16 bit game I ever played was the (unfortunately) Japan release of Dracula X.  It had the best graphics and gameplay for it's time circa 1992. I don't have a copy and eBay sales go for $150-$200.  Ouch!

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2006, 04:15 am »
oh man, i miss my core-grafx system.  i loved that system and loved playing bonk's adventure.  A game that most people overlooked was Dragon Spirit.......... oh man, i loved that game so damn much and the coolass music in that game.  Stupidly, i gave away that system and all the games.

texasphile

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2006, 01:31 am »
I used to have an American TurboDuo back in the day.  I had every shooter that came out.  Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Blazing Lazers, Dragon Spirit, Ordyne, Aero Blasters, Galaga 90, Xevious, R-Type, Raiden.  I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2006, 01:09 am »
Quote from: texasphile
I used to have an American TurboDuo back in the day.  I had every shooter that came out.  Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Blazing Lazers, Dragon Spirit, Ordyne, Aero Blasters, Galaga 90, Xevious, R-Type, Raiden.  I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

darius plus & lifeforce as well

as per the original poster.......... man, you're lucky, i haven't got any friggin video game systems now.  I think the audio hobby has taken the bulk of my $ now :(

texasphile

« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2006, 04:42 am »
Oh yes, I had Darius also.  I don't remember having Lifeforce.