Thoughts on driving SongTowers

Nuance

Re: Thoughts on driving SongTowers
« Reply #40 on: 27 Sep 2009, 05:57 am »
Great, thoughtful and honest write-up bud.  I really enjoyed it. 

One of my favorite B&M brands is Paradigm, so I think it's cool you had a showdown between those two.  My buddy own's a pair of Sig's and they rock!  So do you plan to go with the newest Sig's (v.3 I think)?

FidelitySeeker

« Reply #41 on: 27 Sep 2009, 06:25 am »
Great, thoughtful and honest write-up bud.  I really enjoyed it. 

One of my favorite B&M brands is Paradigm, so I think it's cool you had a showdown between those two.  My buddy own's a pair of Sig's and they rock!  So do you plan to go with the newest Sig's (v.3 I think)?

Thanks!

From what I've heard so far, I'm hoping to find a pair of "obsolete" v2's at a good price. It seems that the change from v2 to v3 was driven by the surround speakers which have been substantially modified. The only change to the S2 is to make it more efficient, but they also replaced the phase plug with a dust cap. The other thing that v3 gives is an option NOT to get the Be tweeter (Uses the tweeter from the Studio series instead).

If you (or anyone else with an RT) have a Paradigm dealer close by, I'd be interested in your thoughts of using the Be tweeter as a reference for the sound of the RT.

FidelitySeeker

« Reply #42 on: 27 Sep 2009, 06:40 am »
dupe

mathgeek97

« Reply #43 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:25 pm »
Nice review.  I also like Paradigm and came close to getting a set of Paradigm Reference speakers quite a few years back.  But, really, for the money I was going to spend (before the B&M store went under) my Salk HT2-TLs are in an entirely different league with regards to detail and clarity.  However, I never heard the Be tweeter, so who knows?
Anyhow, if you were looking at moving up to the S2 bookshelves at a similar price to the ST-RTs, why not audition a pair of HT1s with the G2 ribbon tweeter and stick with bookshelves?  Besides, I'd love to know what you thought of them compared to the S1/S2s.

FidelitySeeker

« Reply #44 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:31 am »
Hmm. Food for thought. I'll have to see what I can find on the HT1's.