Linked Events

• Capital Audiofest 2012: 13 Jul 2012 - 15 Jul 2012

Capital Audiofest 2012

this_is_vv

Re: Capital Audiofest 2012
« Reply #60 on: 17 Jul 2012, 04:51 am »
Greetings from Room 370  :wink:

For the price one of the best speakers i heard in the Fest...nothing came close at this price or thrice of that price...

Nice work AJ...

V

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #61 on: 17 Jul 2012, 05:27 pm »
It was a pleasure to meet you this morning, AJ. I hope it picked up later in the morning--it was fun being the only one in the room, but more people should have a chance to hear your speakers! I thought they sounded great and with the rear-firing tweeters not only created a huge, realistic soundstage but did a terrific job of keeping the soundstage from collapsing from different listening positions (as you said). I certainly think someone looking at one of the big-ass speaker systems should check out the ones you had playing today (the ones pictured--didn't catch the name). The bass, clarity, imaging, and soundstage were all terrific. I'll have to pick up that Alice In Chains album (unplugged, I think--Down in a Hole).

Hope the rest of the day goes well!

Great meeting you and thanks also. Glad you liked them. Looongg drive back, still recovering. :wink:
The AIC album was indeed (MTV) "Unplugged", the track I played for you IIRC, was "No excuses", would have started with some kick drums.

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #62 on: 17 Jul 2012, 05:32 pm »
It was great seeing you and listening to your speakers again.  Thanks for the relief from all the Jazz! :lol:  I was beginning to think that these shows have some rule that states only Jazz can be played. :wink:
Thanks and good seeing you again Jim. I should have turned it up a lot louder when I played the Tchaikovsky namesake piece for Phil A (I think you were still there)  :lol:
Maybe next year?

For the price one of the best speakers i heard in the Fest...nothing came close at this price or thrice of that price...

Nice work AJ...

V

Thanks for stopping in. Had a great time again....at least up to the point where they ran out of Newcastles Sat night! :duh: :lol:

cheers,

AJ

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #63 on: 17 Jul 2012, 05:43 pm »
It was a pleasure to meet you this morning, AJ. I hope it picked up later in the morning--it was fun being the only one in the room, but more people should have a chance to hear your speakers! I thought they sounded great and with the rear-firing tweeters not only created a huge, realistic soundstage but did a terrific job of keeping the soundstage from collapsing from different listening positions (as you said). I certainly think someone looking at one of the big-ass speaker systems should check out the ones you had playing today (the ones pictured--didn't catch the name). The bass, clarity, imaging, and soundstage were all terrific. I'll have to pick up that Alice In Chains album (unplugged, I think--Down in a Hole).

Hope the rest of the day goes well!

agreed this was certainly one of the better sounding rooms i heard.  as per the pic i took and posted to the capitOl audio fest thread, that's a full-range driver on the back, not a tweeter:

i like aj's innowative ideas...

doug s.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #64 on: 17 Jul 2012, 06:01 pm »
Wather wascally isn't it?
When playing them I had to ask every to be vewy quiet, like if we were hunting wabbits.

Saturn94

« Reply #65 on: 17 Jul 2012, 06:18 pm »
Thanks and good seeing you again Jim. I should have turned it up a lot louder when I played the Tchaikovsky namesake piece for Phil A (I think you were still there)  :lol:
Maybe next year?......

AJ

No, I didn't hear the 1812 Overture on the......well.....1812 Overtures. :lol:  I bet that was impressive!

Next year?  Yeah, I think I'm bringing my own dang music! :thumb:

Saturn94

« Reply #66 on: 17 Jul 2012, 06:22 pm »
........i like aj's innowative ideas...

doug s.

Wather wascally isn't it?
When playing them I had to ask every to be vewy quiet, like if we were hunting wabbits.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dB Cooper

« Reply #67 on: 2 Aug 2012, 03:00 am »
i got this late sunday from rim, (i had left it at his house a few months back); i used it to re-affirm my opinions on a few of the rigs (w/turntables) i heard at the show.  i was disappointed that the horning rig was already broken down, but i got to hear it on the azura horns, the volti vittoria's, and the surreal "5th row's".  freaking awesome cut, and a great demo piece, imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6X2hsl52E
"inca roads", from:

i bought this album when it came out, in 1975, and it still sounds fantastic.  barely a tic or pop anywhere!   :thumb:

doug s.
(see the "other" thread for pics and comments i made about the show.)

Classic album and amazing recording. I have the 2002 UMRK digital remastered CD... mindblowing. Kind of a 'reference' album for me, like 'Kind of Blue', for the same reasons: great music, great recording, and I have heard it on everything from AACs on my iphone and Etymotic IEMs to vinyl over tube amps thru giant horns.