« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:28 am »
I hope all went well today.

It appears he is a happy camper  :P

Marbles

Re: Klaus...
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:34 am »
Glad to hear it!

He has a lot going on in his life.

It's almost a shame to tell him I laid his new motorcycle down today!!!

Just kidding on the bike  :P

Nicholas Bedworth

• That's me, the one with the glasses...
    • DigitalDirect Website and demo
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2010, 05:28 pm »
 I'm not aware of the context for these comments, which sound like kind expressions of support after a friend has just gotten out of the hospital :) Hope everything is OK...

srb

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2010, 05:33 pm »
This sounds like subject matter for PMs rather than circle posts.  Which by the way "Klaus..." is a not really a good subject title.

Steve

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2010, 09:10 pm »
This sounds like subject matter for PMs rather than circle posts.  Which by the way "Klaus..." is a not really a good subject title.

Steve

Considering Steve that Klaus hasn't posted since september 2009 and hasn't even logged onto AC since last november, I don't even see a PM as a useful option here.  :dunno:

I hope the big guy is doing fine tho.   :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

srb

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2010, 09:13 pm »
Considering Steve that Klaus hasn't posted since september 2009 and hasn't even logged onto AC since last november, I don't even see a PM as a useful option here.

Is Odyssey using another forum as the primary?

Steve

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2010, 09:23 pm »

Is Odyssey using another forum as the primary?

Steve

Not that I know of Steve.  :dunno:  I have no idea what's going on with this Circle. I asked while i was on the now defunct Steering Committee and got no answers. I don't ask or question about anything AC anymore.

Cheers,
Robin

loki1957

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2010, 05:11 pm »
I was with Klaus last weekend. Nothing wrong with him.

MaxCast

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2010, 05:19 pm »
I think it is audio related.  Maybe a new component deal.
Klaus? Come back!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jun 2010, 06:16 pm »
I think all his amps blew up at once! Glad to hear he is ok :) Was it a giant power surge?

Marbles

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm »
A close family member had an issue.

There are other positive things going on as well.

He has a lot going on right now.

Nicholas Bedworth

• That's me, the one with the glasses...
    • DigitalDirect Website and demo
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2010, 01:14 am »
One thing for sure, the integrity and quality of his products, at their respective pricepoints (talking about the amps here) is something else. Klaus has a lot to be proud of.

happyjack

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2010, 09:54 pm »
Anyone know what the current status is with production?  I put in an order for an amp. over 8 weeks ago.  I have checked with Klaus twice.  He has been great to work with but I got the impression that he was having to work through some challanges.  Glad to hear positive reports.

klaus@odyssey

OK, after 6 months plus I'm back
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:18 am »
First off,  thanks to all of you for your concerns.  Those who knew what was going on gave me very nice support.

Yes,  my mom is doing fine now.
In early July she had one leg amputated (no,  not diabetes),  and for a few days it looked as if she wouldn't make it because of serious complications.
That's when my son Alex and I went to Germany for a few weeks to see her,  which I believe gave her great  inner strength and resolve, especially when she saw Alex.
Anyway,  she made it through ok,  she's waiting for her prosthesis,  and she is in very,  very good spirit.  Most important,  her heart problems now normalized.  This,  of course, was on my mind for months.

Now,  as for all of the other things happening:

In the past 1 1/2 years we have been stupid busy.  You're talking about up to  100 + orders per month, running 12 + hours every day.
We had to  take advantage of this onslaught of business,  especially in this time,  which is a great thing.
US business has leveled  itself out,  now the int'l  guys are going nuts,  aaaaaargh.

Anyway, other than that we also bought a new house.  Couldn't pass it up, and pretty much stole it.  I have  known this house for 20 + years,  because it used to belong to the Cello Principal of the Indpls Symphony.  He retired and moved to NY,  and as a Russian with very strong Moscow Conservatory connections,  this house has been an oasis of music.  First,  him and his wife,  who is a Pianist,  had concert series'  in the concert room of the house.  Yes,  concert room.  30+ people !!!!  The room is AWESOME,  30 x 34  with 20 + feet ceilings.

Needless to say,  we'll finally have a fantastic show room to offer for all who are interested.  We'll also run HT  with Sim2 gear as well.!!!!!!   And the bonus is that it is in Normandy Farms Estates,  right at the Watershed Nature Preserve at Eagle Creek,  absolutely gorgeous.    Yep,  Ira and I lucked out big time.

Now,  as for the musical history of the house,  dozens of mostly Russians musicians (and I'll be getting a list) stayed as guests,  but the most prominent one (and whom I met) who stayed for a vacation with his small dog was Rostropovich  !!!!!!!!!

Other than that,  work,  work,  work,  dealing with a teenage son,  and spending time to get 2 houses ready, 1 for moving and putting the other one on the market.
I'll also have lots to say about other topics here,  but that has to wait.

Late,  and thanks again for all of your support, / you know who you are//

Klaus
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 11:25 am by klaus@odyssey »

germay0653

« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:42 pm »
I'm glad everything turned out well for you Klaus.  You deserve to get back all the positive energy you give out to everyone else.  BTW, you build one hell of an amp!!  I will be back for more.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm »
Klaus
Still owe you that visit.
All the best
Mark

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2010, 03:11 am »
I am very happy for you Klaus, it is good to know to know events have been sorted out in a good way.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2010, 03:23 am »
All the best Klaus..... :thumb:

Have a good show at RMAF !!  :thumb:

lazydays

Re: OK, after 6 months plus I'm back
« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2010, 05:28 pm »
First off,  thanks to all of you for your concerns.  Those who knew what was going on gave me very nice support.

Yes,  my mom is doing fine now.
In early July she had one leg amputated (no,  not diabetes),  and for a few days it looked as if she wouldn't make it because of serious complications.
That's when my son Alex and I went to Germany for a few weeks to see her,  which I believe gave her great  inner strength and resolve, especially when she saw Alex.
Anyway,  she made it through ok,  she's waiting for her prosthesis,  and she is in very,  very good spirit.  Most important,  her heart problems now normalized.  This,  of course, was on my mind for months.

Now,  as for all of the other things happening:

In the past 1 1/2 years we have been stupid busy.  You're talking about up to  100 + orders per month, running 12 + hours every day.
We had to  take advantage of this onslaught of business,  especially in this time,  which is a great thing.
US business has leveled  itself out,  now the int'l  guys are going nuts,  aaaaaargh.

Anyway, other than that we also bought a new house.  Couldn't pass it up, and pretty much stole it.  I have  known this house for 20 + years,  because it used to belong to the Cello Principal of the Indpls Symphony.  He retired and moved to NY,  and as a Russian with very strong Moscow Conservatory connections,  this house has been an oasis of music.  First,  him and his wife,  who is a Pianist,  had concert series'  in the concert room of the house.  Yes,  concert room.  30+ people !!!!  The room is AWESOME,  30 x 34  with 20 + feet ceilings.

Needless to say,  we'll finally have a fantastic show room to offer for all who are interested.  We'll also run HT  with Sim2 gear as well.!!!!!!   And the bonus is that it is in Normandy Farms Estates,  right at the Watershed Nature Preserve at Eagle Creek,  absolutely gorgeous.    Yep,  Ira and I lucked out big time.

Now,  as for the musical history of the house,  dozens of mostly Russians musicians (and I'll be getting a list) stayed as guests,  but the most prominent one (and whom I met) who stayed for a vacation with his small dog was Rostropovich  !!!!!!!!!

Other than that,  work,  work,  work,  dealing with a teenage son,  and spending time to get 2 houses ready, 1 for moving and putting the other one on the market.
I'll also have lots to say about other topics here,  but that has to wait.

Late,  and thanks again for all of your support, / you know who you are//

Klaus

is the new house off of Springmill Road? If so your close to where one of the all time great Tenor sax players lived, and just about everybody spent the night there at one time or another. I also think J.J. lived near there as well.
gary