The "Bunky" system.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
The "Bunky" system.
« on: 6 May 2008, 02:17 pm »
Klaus, Mark. Just curious, has the system for Bunky reached it's final configuration? What were people able to come up with for the final set up? Has it been given to Bunky yet? I was speaking to his Brother-In-Law yesterday. Bunky was/is genuinely, deeply touched by the outpouring of help received here and the at the Polk forum. I believe he and Courtney will be in a new home within the next couple of weeks. His Brother-In-Law told me that as much as the money was needed and appreciated, it's the idea of a stereo that really floored him. As I'm sure we all understand, music is the one thing that, for people like us, can really make a difference in your life. No matter how bad something is, I have always been able to find salvation, so to speak, in the healing properties of music. I'm a cynical bastard in most regards but the response of the people here to a man in need has really reinforced my deep seated belief that, way down inside, people are good. Thank you all for everything!

lazydays

Re: The "Bunky" system.
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2008, 11:21 pm »
Klaus, Mark. Just curious, has the system for Bunky reached it's final configuration? What were people able to come up with for the final set up? Has it been given to Bunky yet? I was speaking to his Brother-In-Law yesterday. Bunky was/is genuinely, deeply touched by the outpouring of help received here and the at the Polk forum. I believe he and Courtney will be in a new home within the next couple of weeks. His Brother-In-Law told me that as much as the money was needed and appreciated, it's the idea of a stereo that really floored him. As I'm sure we all understand, music is the one thing that, for people like us, can really make a difference in your life. No matter how bad something is, I have always been able to find salvation, so to speak, in the healing properties of music. I'm a cynical bastard in most regards but the response of the people here to a man in need has really reinforced my deep seated belief that, way down inside, people are good. Thank you all for everything!

Two things:
1. would you please email me (or PM the needed shipping address for the amp?
2. I finally found out just what I needed todo to crate the amp and ship it. It will be moving later this week in your direction (with at least one new quad set of tubes as one is dead)
gary

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2008, 02:09 am »
Merle - A couple members have contacted me via PM and have gear on the way, or enroute. I believe that's a CD player and a Turntable(Mgalusha) so far. I'll PM Lazydays and let him know where I am located.

I am sourcing some loudspeakers but will use some that were intended for my HT if need be, no worries. They were just sitting in a closet anyways. As far as the other gear is concerned, I'm not sure. I'll update the thread upon arrival of each item.

If you guys need shipping information, just PM me. ANY MUSIC you want to contribute, bring it on! I don't think its a matter of taste as much as a love for music overall.

ADMIN - Can we combine all these threads, as it's getting a little confusing for more folks than me I hope. I have a TRex style brain.

Mark
Polk Audio CS
« Last Edit: 7 May 2008, 02:21 am by dorokusai »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2008, 06:13 am »
Yes Mark,

I think that we're getting the system completed.

Speakers, check
Turntable,  check
CD Players,  check  (and yes,  please send both units just to make sure.
Candela,  check.  will take 1-2 weeks more, but will come.
cables,  please follow up.

And music, music, music.  I am burning about 25 CD's for William right now.

Late,

Klaus

jdodmead

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2008, 10:46 am »
I am also burning some cd's, I have done 5 so far and hope to have at least 25 by Monday, to send out.

Jeff

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2008, 10:52 am »
You folks are Amazing,I should be moving into a new house in Pasadena
Md on June 1st.I really cannot express enough the gratitude that i have for the people here @ the Audiocircles, Club Polk and Audionervosa.I feel truely blessed that Courtney and myself got away from the fire unharmed except for the loss of material things that can and will be replaced. I am begining to see the light at the end of the tunnel and everything is falling into place. Again i would like to thank everyone for thier friendship and also for helping out myself and my daughter in a time of need.Thanks....WCW III

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 02:38 am »
Mark @ Polk : Speakers
Lazydays : Amplifier
Klaus @ Odyssey :  Pre-Amp
Jdodmead : CD Player
JAMn Joe : DVD Player
MGalusha : Turntable
Sonny & Arthurs: Cables

I received the DVD player yesterday and it appears to have traveled well. It wasn't ticking or meowing so I put it in the shop. Keep 'em coming folks and thanks.

Mark

jdodmead

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2008, 03:53 pm »
CD player and 27 cd's boxed up and will be picked up by UPS today.

Jeff

Sonny

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2008, 09:58 pm »
Bunky, I can provide one or two pairs of 1 meter i/c that I make.
You can follow the thread of what I make in the cable review:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=50447.0
or let me know the length you need and i'll make a pair for you.
Tuan

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2008, 01:36 am »

Just an update. The bold items are what has been received so far. I received emails about music on the way and that's awesome, thanks guys!

Once I get a working rig ready, I'll deliver it to William. Meanwhile, my wife will continue to scowl at me when she need to get into "that closet". Help me out guys....the sooner the better :)

Mark

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2008, 03:28 pm »
I've got about 25 CD's burnt so far. More to come.
I'll PM you for an address Mark when my CD burner starts crying for mercy. :lol:

I'm giving William a mix of everything. Do we know what genres Courtney {IIRC?} likes?

Bob

mgalusha

« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2008, 06:06 pm »
I'm one of the guilty ones. I will get the TT packed and ready this weekend.

lazydays

« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2008, 01:16 am »
amp is finally ready to ship
gary

mca

« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2008, 01:58 am »
Unless it's posted in another thread, can you share with all of us what setup Bunky is going to end up with?

By the way, I think it's pretty incredible what everyone is doing for him  :thumb:

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2008, 02:29 am »
Update:

I received the CD PLayer intact, or at least the box looks fine. I haven't opened anything but the wife is wondering why there is a pile of boxes downstairs....well, another pile of boxes that is :)

Mark

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2008, 02:31 am »
Unless it's posted in another thread, can you share with all of us what setup Bunky is going to end up with?

By the way, I think it's pretty incredible what everyone is doing for him  :thumb:

I deleted the particulars because I was hoping that it would be a better suprise for William. If the gang wants to list the actual piece of gear, rock on but I'm keeping the speakers secret.

Mark

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2008, 08:46 pm »
Mark, I've got about 43 CD's for William and Courtney.
Do you have an address I can send them to?

Thanks for doing this, you guys are cool.  :thumb:

Bob

mgalusha

« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2008, 11:37 pm »
TT will finally ship tomorrow. Been a rough month around here. :(

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2008, 01:18 am »
Bob - Email sent. Thanks and you're pretty damn cool as well :)

Mike - Do what you got to do man, that's a tough road. Thanks for your support of 'ole William either way and I'm sure he's humbled by it overall.

Regards,
Mark

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2008, 10:35 am »
Email received Mark, thanks. The package will be in the Post Office at noon today.

Bob