Is my LED light calculation correct?

NIGHTFALL1970

Re: Is my LED light calculation correct?
« Reply #60 on: 10 Jan 2014, 03:08 am »
KINGLIMING was the only one I saw.  Read my updated comment above.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 10 Jan 2014, 03:18 am »
Bob,
The LED that you linked to (and I am no expert) looks like POS quality.  I would try Philips instead.  I have quite a few Philips LEDs and they are very solid feeling.

P.S. THe brands that I have and think are good quality are: Philips, Cree, and Utilitech.  A little less quality (but still good) are Sylvania and Feit.
Thank you. The name "Kingliming" just oozed cheapness, especially for the $10 price.
That's an odd size/shape/base, and the name brands are MUCH more expensive.  I was trying to get off cheap, but since you've called me out, I'm re-thinking my choice. They've been sitting in my 'cart' for the better part of the day, I guess because deep down inside I knew they were garbage. For the price of good ones in this size, I may pass altogether on using LEDs in these five fixtures. Not sure???

Thanks man!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #62 on: 10 Jan 2014, 03:34 am »
I am impressed by CREE LEDs, mostly based on the tiny flashlights I got on Amazon for less than $4. These things are amazing, I use them with eneloop rechargable batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/300LM-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Focus/dp/B00828MZ3W/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1389324759&sr=1-4

But I see that many brands refer to using CREE LEDs - I am guessing they are the scanspeak of led light systems.