Ipod, long run..

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
Ipod, long run..
« on: 4 May 2019, 06:49 am »
Hello everyone..

I had a ipod classic sitting around .
Loaded it full of apple lossless music..
bought a 15' run of audio cable from bluejeans cable.
Ran the cord btwn my ipod and tube buffer.

I'm surprised how well it sounds..I can control
My music from my chair.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
No noise in my little system..

V....

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Ipod, long run..
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2019, 07:18 pm »
Back in 2010 I bought a Mac Mini and started ripping my cds to AIFFs. It didn't take too long to stop playing cds and make the switch to using the Mac as my main source. A couple year ago I removed the hard drive from an ipod classic, installed sd cards with 512gb and 256gb of memory, and loaded the music library on the ipod.
My ipod is connected to a Nuforce icon ido which takes the digital signal which is fed to my dac. I sit with the ipod next to me and have easy access to all of my cds. It sounds identical to the Mac mini, saves wear on the computer, and couldn't be easier to use.

I know the ipods are pretty much obsolete, but I love the mine works. If the library on the Mac gets much larger, I'll swap in another 512gb card for the 256gb.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2019, 09:09 pm »
I use an older iTouch loaded with iPeng in my Logitech Media Server environment.  Using wifi I can play any of my TB of music.

I use an analog output, and connect it to a bluetooth speaker - BBQ tunes!

cheech

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2019, 01:20 am »
I have a 160G ipod classic , wav file format - cds and itunes purchases , have it connected to a wadia 171 transport, Silnote Audio Posideon 2 digital cable to Modwright Elysee DAC.

Also occasionally hook the ipod up to a HRT istreamer DAC when want to use my headphone system

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2019, 02:12 pm »
I have a 160G ipod classic , wav file format - cds and itunes purchases , have it connected to a wadia 171 transport, Silnote Audio Posideon 2 digital cable to Modwright Elysee DAC.

Also occasionally hook the ipod up to a HRT istreamer DAC when want to use my headphone system

That's nice to have options available.. 

One problem I have,  is the Bluejeans audio cable I use for my 160gb ipod, works great for the ipod, but does not plug into my Samsung s9 phone,  properly..    I'm not sure why that is..   I'm happy with the audio cable, I get absolutely no noise from the 15' lenght.. 

But, i tried plugging that audio cable into my phone and there was a lot of static..  I pulled it immediately..   it would be great to be able to use it in both applications..

Maybe there is a solution, I'm not sure..

Blade..

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2019, 02:36 am »

Maybe I should convert my files  to WAV..?