airport express mods?

JP78

airport express mods?
« on: 21 Nov 2008, 01:29 am »
hello, i was reading the stickys about the off-ramp mod, but i'm interested in an airport express only mod, optimized for the optical miniplug port?

as a frequent flyer, the idea of being able to carry my laptop and airport express with me seems like a great way to enjoy a reference quality headphone system, or listen to my music at fellow audiophiles' homes.

please let me know if you're still offering express mods, and if so the different levels / price points? i would definitely not want any kind of external power supply...the appeal in the airport express for me is the size.

also, i came across some of your interconnects and they are absolutely stunning! the lack of sibilance, focus, and clarity were impressive. certainly not inexpensive, but i think in a top class system they deserve a long, long audition. 

thanks,

jp

audioengr

Re: airport express mods?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:20 am »
hello, i was reading the stickys about the off-ramp mod, but i'm interested in an airport express only mod, optimized for the optical miniplug port?

as a frequent flyer, the idea of being able to carry my laptop and airport express with me seems like a great way to enjoy a reference quality headphone system, or listen to my music at fellow audiophiles' homes.

please let me know if you're still offering express mods, and if so the different levels / price points? i would definitely not want any kind of external power supply...the appeal in the airport express for me is the size.

Actually, I discontinued the AE mods - (called the Off-Ramp WiFi) in favor of my Pace-Car reclocker.  The Pace-Car is just so much better that I could not recommend mods to the AE.  The mods that I did were not inside the AE anyway.  I took the board out and put it in a larger box etc.  I have a lot of parts for it that I had to throw in the trash.

also, i came across some of your interconnects and they are absolutely stunning! the lack of sibilance, focus, and clarity were impressive. certainly not inexpensive, but i think in a top class system they deserve a long, long audition. 

Thanks, I like them too.  The cable business is something that I cannot give enough attention, so it is actually for sale.  Have a good prospect too.

Steve N.

JP78

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2008, 04:04 am »
hello steve,

thank you for the reply. on the off note, i appreciate your work, and was involved heavily in the transmeta project.  sorry to hear you discontinued the 'ae' mods; if you find yourself with enough parts to internally finish one or two please let me know.

best,

jp

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2008, 06:25 am »
hello steve,

thank you for the reply. on the off note, i appreciate your work, and was involved heavily in the transmeta project.  sorry to hear you discontinued the 'ae' mods; if you find yourself with enough parts to internally finish one or two please let me know.

best,

jp

I have one, but it only has I2S output.  Would this work?

I did keep a few parts.  Are you interested in parts?  I believe I have a couple of boxes and power supply circuit boards etc..

Steve N.