This just in for IEMs

Pez

This just in for IEMs
« on: 6 Oct 2020, 04:58 pm »
Hey all, just a quick preview: I have been working with a leatherworker I found in Ukraine. He makes amazing cases for all sorts of portable gear. Check out his shop on Etsy HERE Mr. Sergienko and I came up with this design for Hapa Audio's case that will come standard with all IEM cables.

This real leather case (vegan leather option available upon request) was specifically designed to fit our slightly thicker cable as well as all cable hardware and of course protect your IEMs. made with a base of dense electro-cardboard, this case is extraordinarily well made and sexy as hell. As an added bonus, the case is equipped with very strong magnetic clasps. All you have to do is hold your IEMs in your hand, wind the cable around your fingers with the IEMs in the center for maximum protection and put them in. No zippers that can potentially harm your cable or rub against the finish of your hardware.

We will be featuring custom colors for this case design when we release our custom IEM cable options very soon! Stay tuned for more.

check out our killer IEM cable options:

Dreddz C

Dreddz S

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Re: This just in for IEMs
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2020, 07:24 pm »
Looks really nice Jason!  Nice find for your supplier  :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2020, 09:43 pm »
Very nice Jason.

Much better looking than the Pelican case I’ve been using for my Nobles.   

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2020, 03:51 am »
Very nice Jason.

Much better looking than the Pelican case I’ve been using for my Nobles.
Thanks to both TF and MC! These cases are great for keeping IEMs safe without too much hassle.

Pelican cases are actually pretty darn good. One of the weaknesses of IEMs is moisture causing oxidation on the interior of the IEM. Pelican cases are great because they’re air tight. Check out Amazon or your favorite e-retailer for silica packets. Here’s an example of my setup for my JH13s that spend time in long term storage frequently.

In the back I’ve inserted a humidity detector strip. It shows I’m well below 20% humidity.

Again, I don’t use these IEMs as often as some of my other ones, but this little trick keeps them nice and dry for quite a long time.

All that said, yes the new cases are great to store IEMs in a bag or coat pocket. It’s a bit big for jeans pocket but most cases are.

« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2020, 05:46 am by Pez »