Cleaning your Modwright Transporter

akatora

Cleaning your Modwright Transporter
« on: 23 Aug 2010, 09:57 pm »
Hello

Might be a simple question, but I would like to know how you guys clean your transporter. Are there special solutions to clean tubes? Can I use compressed gas to remove dust from the tube holes? I heard that air compressors, tend to spit up oil from their mechanical bowels. And finally, just a damp cloth with water for the transporter or do you guys use a solution?

Thanks.  :D

Berto

Re: Cleaning your Modwright Transporter
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm »
Have not used it but heard the caig deoxit is great for the tube pins. dusting a few times a week it is always a good idea, not too sure about using power tools that spew oil on it, sounds a lil over the top. Like any component w/printed circuit boards, one needs to carefully dust those (lightly) as well from time to time to prevent them from eventually leaking (per my amp tech)

JG2

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2010, 12:31 am »
Please do not use any 'solution' on the tube sockets or tube pins!

Over the years we have replaced more than a few sockets due to customers using various enhancers that, with heat, may harden & gum up the contact points that require an expensive repair here at MWI.

I'm sure some are just fine when used VERY sparingly but most, unfortunately, leave a residue.

mshan

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2010, 12:32 am »
Kontak on some tube socket brushes?