Help! Thinking about moving to the Modwright Transporter

revrob

I need some help making a decision. I currently own a Cary 306/200 cd player which is the best cd player I have ever owned and love the sound. I was thinking about selling the Cary and moving to a Modwright Transporter.

Has anyone else made a similar switch and what has been their experience? If I buy the transporter what else do I need to get started. This is a tough decision because I really like the Cary and was thinking about getting a more current model.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

AB

Re: Help! Thinking about moving to the Modwright Transporter
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2010, 03:26 am »
I'm surprised no one has chimed in here.
Maybe no one has swapped out that specific Cary CD player for a TP?
I haven't.

But I can tell you I was a late MWTP adopter and I have no regrets.

revrob

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2010, 03:39 am »
Thanks for responding. I was looking at the high end cd player people were using prior to going to the MWT and their experiences. The Cary was once considered one of the top cd players on the market so I thought others might have had similar experiences.

Just want to make sure I am moving in the right direction.

Steve

fwinston

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2010, 04:19 am »
Hi Steve,

While I didn't make the move to a Modwright Transporter from a high end CD player, I posted some comments about my MT experience within the Daedalus Audio forum.  The comments appear with a Jan 6th date.  They may be of some help.

Regards,
Frank

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2010, 08:10 am »
Hi Steve,

While I didn't make the move to a Modwright Transporter from a high end CD player, I posted some comments about my MT experience within the Daedalus Audio forum.  The comments appear with a Jan 6th date.  They may be of some help.

Regards,
Frank

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=74256.msg700859#msg700859