Extended Response Tweeter - any opinions on these?

bubba67

Extended Response Tweeter - any opinions on these?
« on: 23 Dec 2006, 11:05 pm »
I noticed these advertised on av123 website and I wonder if anyone tried these in their speakers and what the general opinion on these is?

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=77.1

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Extended Response Tweeter - any opinions on these?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2006, 11:50 am »
Hey Bubba, Happy Holidays! It's been a while, hea? As for your question, I've had 3 ERT's on my frontline speakers, that being Odyssey Lorelei's and an Usher X-616 center, for over a year now and I do love them. I've gotten so they're hardly ever noticble now but when I first got them, I found them a little intruding. I even dialed down the db rating to below that of my Lorelei's just to tone them down a smidgen. But after a couple of weeks, I brought them back up. I've always had senstive ears when it came to extremely high pitches. High pitched alarm systems use to give me a headache when I was young, like the one tthe Smithsonian has for the Hope Diamond in Washington DC. Anywho, I degress. I personally think that having available the extended highs AND lows of the audio range enhance the total audio range of our earing. What you're actually able to hear from the ERT's may be subtle but they do indeed enhance my audio system. And that even goes for the center channel, where logic would dictate that ultahighs don't even exist. But I've heard enough of a difference to warrant my keeping them even tho AV123 has a generous moneyback return. It's an individual thing tho, as is everything in audio, some people hear nothing and return them. I felt differently and still do. I love the little things they do and you know how it goes Bubba, all those little things do add up when it's all thrown into the stew.  :D

Robin